Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Quarter-Finals - Leg 2 - CF Montreal v Forge - May 22, 2024

Just now, Kingston said:

I really hope the game restarts and Montreal doesn’t get rescued by the weather. 

I am honestly starting to think its a possibility now...

It would suck for Forge but the rules are the rules, even if won't deny they would be damn convenient right now. Speaking of which, does anyone know the specific rules on this one?

11 minutes ago, phil03 said:

I am honestly starting to think its a possibility now...

It would suck for Forge but the rules are the rules, even if won't deny they would be damn convenient right now. Speaking of which, does anyone know the specific rules on this one?

I believe they need to play 70 minutes for it to count. 

I was liking the 7:30 start time because I was on bedtime duty for the kids tonight, and it made halftime line up quite well with bedtime. But if the game started 30 minutes earlier (and played out the same way), they might have had enough time to get to that 70 minute mark (I guess I don't know when the storm started during half time).

1 minute ago, Mihairokov said:

When TFC's Concacaf match against Dallas was postponed in 2011 it wasn't abandoned until 1130PM, just FYI.

I was at that match with my late father, they made the announcement about getting out of your seats to the concourse, it was still sunny but windy, dad and I thought they had it wrong and continued to drink beer in the stands for a few more minutes until the first lightning flash!️ We were treated to a spectacular lightning show in the concourse as we waited it out but it sadly never resumed until the next day, the CNE was on and I think they let fans in for free but we never returned from Hamilton!

9 minutes ago, Kingston said:

I believe they need to play 70 minutes for it to count. 

And do you know how long until the ref has to call it quit?

I dunno, I can't escape the feeling the federation wouldn't him being very hesitant to do it too quickly...