Match Thread: CONCACAF Champions Cup - Round 1 - Leg 1: Vancouver Whitecaps v Tigres (Mexico) - February 7, 2024

1 minute ago, SthMelbRed said:

I've been a Whitecaps fan my whole life, but even I can admit that it would've been an injustice if we'd have been given that goal. VAR did what it's supposed to there.

Depends which part of the play they ruled offside. Totally unclear from the broadcast.

Just now, jonovision said:

Depends which part of the play they ruled offside. Totally unclear from the broadcast.

The layoff pass to the right of the goal which led to the cutback and then 2-3 attempts at goal. The player receiving the pass was clearly offside.

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

God damn they love to milk the fouls (and perceived fouls).  I respect the Mexican teams but they play the same sort of douchey fuckwit footy of many Central American countries.   

They are good at reminding people how you go about ruining 88 minutes of entertaining football.

Shouldn't you be in bed?

Result got away from the 'Caps, think everyone can agree on that.  Still, all things considered that's a positive result for Vancouver.  This team isn't in season!  Yeah it showed, too many times, but all in all a good day.

Don't know who ate a bigger shit sandwich today.  Pacific for hosting a Whitecaps home fixture or the 'Cap supports for watching the Tigres supports OWNING the away match.  LOL.  Fu'k me.

Hell of a Free Kick to equalize, did they say the Caps have to go to The Volcano now? An entertaining match, the Caps can build on a pretty good performance despite what might happen at The Volcano!

13 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Result got away from the 'Caps, think everyone can agree on that.  Still, all things considered that's a positive result for Vancouver.  This team isn't in season!  Yeah it showed, too many times, but all in all a good day.

Don't know who ate a bigger shit sandwich today.  Pacific for hosting a Whitecaps home fixture or the 'Cap supports for watching the Tigres supports OWNING the away match.  LOL.  Fu'k me.

C'mon now. No one goes to the Island in February, there is a greater than 50% chance your ferry will be cancelled and you get stuck there with all the old people. The Mexicans just don't know any better.