Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Semi-Finals - CF Montreal v Forge - May 24, 2023

Game is at 7pm ET (4 pm PT) on One Soccer and Fubo.

This is the 3rd straight year that Montreal and Forge have met in the Voyageurs Cup.

In 2021 Montreal needed penalties to advance after a 0-0 draw in Hamilton.

Last year Montreal won 3-0 at home.

Although they are in 1st place early in the season Forge have not been firing on all cylinders so far, this is concerning against superior competition and I fear if Forge don't play their best match of the season so far this will be one sided like last year! The pressure is on Montreal however being the heavy favourites and if they are not on their match and Forge play a perfect game with clinical finishing it could be interesting, despite my low expectations I am very much looking forward to this match!

Have to say it but I have a bit of a crush for Stade Saputo.   OK it's more of a full on boner.  I'll spare everyone the greasy details (you're WELCOME) but that would be an awesome park anywhere in Canada.  At least until some too-clever dimwit started digging into how it could be made more multipurpose.

Overall a good half by Forge.  Aren't forcing the matter, they're picking their spots and put Montreal on notice a couple of times there.

Not easy on the eyes but smart football.

Not a bad half by Forge after a nervy start, they grew into this and with some more composure around goal may have taken an unlikely lead! I hope Rama is good to go for the 2nd half as he is obviously important to the Forge backline, it is interesting seeing Forge play a match where they are out possessed! 

52 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Have to say it but I have a bit of a crush for Stade Saputo.   OK it's more of a full on boner.  I'll spare everyone the greasy details (you're WELCOME) but that would be an awesome park anywhere in Canada.  At least until some too-clever dimwit started digging into how it could be made more multipurpose.

Yup, it's darn-near perfect.

11 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Yup, it's darn-near perfect.

Yup the best soccer stadium in Canada , the way a soccer stadium should be built , nice and enclosed ,seats close to the field . No big open spaces , we don’t need to see what’s outside the stadium when sitting in the stadium.