Where are the teams staying at?

In that interview (i.e..:  the podcast i posted several times) on Sportsnet radio whereby Bontis was interviewed 1-2 days after the qualification was secured, he mentioned that he was on his way to the gulf in order to find a location for the MNT.   He said, it might be in Qatar, or might not.   That was in early Feb,  but so far, no updates. 

7 minutes ago, gigi riva said:

probabley at a Motel 6  in Suburban Doha

Yes.  That's the scary part.  Could the CSA afford Motel 6?   They gave all the money away to CSB.

PS.:  Bontis, as I recall, did allude to the fact that the base camp may be in Qatar or in the region.   So it might be in neighboring Iran :) .   

Edited by Free kick

3 hours ago, Free kick said:

Yes.  That's the scary part.  Could the CSA afford Motel 6?   They gave all the money away to CSB.

PS.:  Bontis, as I recall, did allude to the fact that the base camp may be in Qatar or in the region.   So it might be in neighboring Iran :) .   

Very cheap in Iran 

Kish Island looks beautiful . But than again Iran is beautiful country  I saw a documentry on Iran with Joanne Lumley and another with Anthony Bourdain  just on Tehran. and both really opened my eyes on that country. Still do not like there Version of the Muslum law but what can you do. 

Looks like Canada will be staying at the Century Premier/Marina Hotel in Lusail - it appears to be brand new with no website as of yet. Based on my research, the whole Lusail area is essentially a brand new city. 

We will be training at Umm Salal Sports Club, a local team in Qatar. Their facilities are located near Lusail, just north of Doha. 

Edited by ESG Shawn

• 2 weeks later...

Team Base Camp line-up reflects uniquely compact nature of FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Quote:  "The TBCHs range from four- and five-star hotels to villas, resorts and non-hotel accommodation, including sports academy residences and school/university housing. Besides facilities such as treatment rooms, they feature dedicated common areas to safeguard teams’ privacy, and also comply with the relevant security protocols."

I could be wrong on the name of the hotel but it sound like the one that MNT is staying is a four star (not five star).  Might be because it a new property, I dont know 

century premier hotel lusail - Search (bing.com)

4 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Team Base Camp line-up reflects uniquely compact nature of FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Quote:  "The TBCHs range from four- and five-star hotels to villas, resorts and non-hotel accommodation, including sports academy residences and school/university housing. Besides facilities such as treatment rooms, they feature dedicated common areas to safeguard teams’ privacy, and also comply with the relevant security protocols."

I could be wrong on the name of the hotel but it sound like the one that MNT is staying is a four star (not five star).  Might be because it a new property, I dont know 

century premier hotel lusail - Search (bing.com)

I don't think the link you posted is the correct hotel. Per the FIFA Base Camp list, we are based in Lusail, which is a brand new city north of Doha, where the stadium for the Final is located. 

Your link points to a similarly named hotel in downtown Doha. 

I think our Base is brand new and doesn't have a website yet. Based on some digging, I think this it (see Google satellite view, it looks like brand new, modern looking complex - gives me Mississauga vibes, haha). 

Century Hotel Marina, Lusail
+974 5085 7759
https://maps.app.goo.gl/ieXo5D35XSCR7Ehs7

I am lucky to get tickets for 11 matches including all of Canada’s first round 3 matches. I got also my “Hayya” ID card that is necessary for admission to Qatar, stadiums and also free transportation. As a Canadian fan, I would like to be in contact with other Canada’s fans to be part of the good support of our national soccer team during the matches. Please, I appreciate your help to get any info or links that connect me to Canada’s fans groups? Thank you

Edited by S. Bahr

• 2 weeks later...