Match Thread: April 7, 2022 - York United v HFX Wanderers

• narduch changed the title to Match Thread: April 7, 2022 - York United v HFX Wanderers
4 hours ago, narduch said:

I'm a bit worried that the CanMNT may have sucked some energy away from the domestic game.

Should have been a springboard. I haven't really been around tv a whole lot the last week or so though so maybe there have been ads or news reports etc. or marketing campaigns within CPL cities, I am just out of touch/reach. There were definitely ads in and around the Canada games. Also saw an ad for York on Dazn a month or so ago. 

Is it just me or does the level in that first half seem a little quicker/snappy-er/nicer than last year. I know its just been 47' but Im very impressed with that start. Maybe I didn't watch enough CPL last year but it seemed to lack a lot of that sloppiness I'd seen in past seasons (specifically from my Wanderers). Please correct me if I'm wrong, just had a feeling

Pitch is playing well.   And otherwise everything Ollie just said on the show.  Pleasantly surprised by the Wanderers, look like they have an idea that they want to take the game which isn't exactly a look they had a lot of last season.  

York maybe putting a bit more aggressive defending in the 2nd half, we'll see.

Good half.  

14 minutes ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

Is it just me or does the level in that first half seem a little quicker/snappy-er/nicer than last year. I know its just been 47' but Im very impressed with that start. Maybe I didn't watch enough CPL last year but it seemed to lack a lot of that sloppiness I'd seen in past seasons (specifically from my Wanderers). Please correct me if I'm wrong, just had a feeling

Had a full pre-season. COVID years the pre-seasons were cut short and the first season was probably a little disorganized at the start.