Match Thread: Island Games - Group Stage - Sep. 15, 2020 - Cavalry v Forge

narduch

Tough time to be missing key players....

Out for Cavalry are defender Jay Wheeldon (suspended), midfielders Sergio Camargo (quad) and attackers Oliver Minatel (leg) and Nico Pasquotti (knee). Pasquotti, with a season-ending injury, will have an MRI when the club returns to Calgary.Captain Nik Ledgerwood is possible after missing the last game-plus with a strained leg.

A solid match by Forge, they didn't give Cavalry much at all and once Forge went ahead it was always going to be tough for a depleted Cavalry side! Bobby time and time again proves his value as a very good manager, the adjustments he made in the 2nd half to counter what the Cavs were doing worked perfectly! Forge's depth could come in handy in the final as HFX can rest a lot of players tonight, I'm looking forward to Saturday!

5 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I could have watched the HFX-Pacific game tonight instead but figured this would be a tasty match to see live so grabbed a seat on the grass.  Hoping for a Forge win and an HFX-Forge final.   

Nice, When did they start selling ticket for some games, how many are they letting in?

Just now, Cblake said:

Nice, When did they start selling ticket for some games, how many are they letting in?

They aren’t selling them - the PEI Soccer Association is making them available.  50 per game I think.   Take your own chair or sit on the grass.  Social distance of people aren’t in your family unit.  Masks and sanitizer upon entry.   They have given the opportunity to attend to U13 teams, staff and volunteers of the local associations, people with kids registered in minor soccer, etc.  

1 minute ago, Terry_Canuck said:

Congrats to Forge but big props to Cavalry for continuing to battle despite the injuries.

Happy to be in the final but I think we're heavy underdogs.

HFX may be underdogs just because Forge has been there before , from what I've seen in the 2 matches on the island these teams are fairly evenly matched and both have good coaches, I wouldn't be shocked if the shield moves across the bridge to NS!

34 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Is Kyle Bekker screaming "Yes!!!" and then telling Cavalry to f-off when the final whistle blows at 5:29 of this video?

Not going to win the CPL version of the Lady Byng award if so....

Hard to tell who or what it is directed at.  I will say that the amount of that going on during all of these games has been eye-opening for me.  I wouldn’t say Bekker is particularly guilty.