MLS Match Updates and Talk 2020

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was referring to Altidore being a total passenger in the first half. I agree with KJ, Fraser was largely excellent. Vanney took him off because he wanted a change in formation to adjust to what

There are protests happening with Black Lives Matter t shirts being worn and everyone taking a knee before kick off. That is sufficient to show support IMO There is no need to protest/disrespect the C

That is....off-putting. 

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

I have never seen a free kick given for encroachment in the area on a PK before. It is always a re-take. Is that a new rule or something?

At the break the explanation from the refs was that Piatti interfered with the play which is an indirect FK.  If he had just encroached and Pozuelo had scored directly, it would have been a retake.  FWIW.

1 hour ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

The Canadian anthem was not played before the game. 

With an American front office, American coach, and American players we have a situation where Americans have decided the Canadian anthem will no longer be played at a Canadian sporting event.  

That is....off-putting. 

1 hour ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

The Canadian anthem was not played before the game. 

With an American front office, American coach, and American players we have a situation where Americans have decided the Canadian anthem will no longer be played at a Canadian sporting event.  

Probably wanted to make sure Bradley didn't get embarrassed again.

Vanney didn't get the "play your Canucks" memo for this week. Chapman, Edwards, Kamal Miller, Alistair Johnston all starting for their respective MLS teams in tonight's action. Akindele (not sure if he was the possible player with Covid before) on the bench as it St. Clair. Buchanan on the bench for NE.