MLS Match Updates and Talk 2020

Big_M

2 minutes ago, gator said:

The ball looked out to me, even on first glance!

As much as I would have liked it to have been out, it actually wasn't. The inside curve of the ball was still overhanging the line at its furthest. I did think, on first watching, that there might have been offside in the immediate buildup, though.

3 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

As much as I would have liked it to have been out, it actually wasn't. The inside curve of the ball was still overhanging the line at its furthest. I did think, on first watching, that there might have been offside in the immediate buildup, though.

I know what you're saying but that last replay they just showed reinforces my opinion that the ball was fully out, I didn't notice the offside! Maybe just not conclusive enough to change the original decision!

Edited by gator

It was close, but I didn't think the ball totally went out of the side plane.  It's amazing how many people think there is a different rule inside the goal mouth as compared to any of the other lines on the pitch.  They see a little green between the sideline and the bottom of the ball and they think it is out.