MLS Match Updates and Talk 2020

Big_M

3 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

Michael Bradley just won himself a fan for life. Much respect 

His quote after the game was beautiful and I also would like to give Jason Bent a huge shout out. Fantastic and lots of love to those two gentlemen from a Canadian soccer supporter

Bradley is pure class yes he is American and taking the position of a Canadian Fraser and people on here seem to have no use for him . But if Fraser can eventually become as good Bradley was in his prime the Canadian national team will be so much better off for it. Hopefully the leadership qualities that Bradley has can also rub off on Fraser. But with no Bradley TFC does not win in 2017 the leadership this guy showed in that season was a textbook lesson on what a captain and leader should be on a team. He has grown to love the city of Toronto and Canada and has said it many times. Probably looks at Canada and says this is what the US should be like . But once again was not surprised he stood for our anthem but also understood why others knelt.

Edited by SoccMan

17 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Bradley is pure class yes he is American and taking the position of a Canadian Fraser and people on here seem to have no use for him . But if Fraser can eventually become as good Bradley was in his prime the Canadian national team will be so much better off for it. Hopefully the leadership qualities that Bradley has can also rub off on Fraser. But with no Bradley TFC does not win in 2017 the leadership this guy showed in that season was a textbook lesson on what a captain and leader should be on a team. He has grown to love the city of Toronto and Canada and has said it many times. Probably looks at Canada and says this is what the US should be like . But once again was not surprised he stood for our anthem but also understood why others knelt.

I'll still boo him against the Whitecaps but there is no denying his character. Also don't forget his sister lives in Vancouver. Props to Greg Vanney for supporting Jason Bent

1 hour ago, Big_M said:

fraser will never get close to bradley's level..lets put that clear and not have such big expectation

We will never know if he never gets to play.  Bradley has been nothing short of incredible for TFC but he is slowing down and Fraser has skill.  He may not reach Bradley’s level, or he might surpass it but he needs to play week in and week out. He was brilliant coming in for Kaye against the US, who knows what he will can do with regular pt.

18 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

As for the game itself, pretty harsh call for the PK IMO, but the one on Piatti a little later looked like a more deserving call, and I am more suspicious that it should have been a PK since (what I assume is the Quebec-based tv crew director) never showed us a replay of that. That offside call on the Impact goal was extremely tight, if he hadn't been flagged for offside I'm not sure that VAR would have overturned that. That said, I think TFC were deserving of the win. It's too bad that the best chance they created from the run of play fell to Delgado, who must be one of the most successful players in TFC history at clearing the ball out of danger. Unfortunately I am referring to clearing the ball out of danger for the opposition in front of the enemy goal.

This was exactly how i saw it.  First thing i thought of when Delgado skyed that ball was the 90th minute of the CCL final against Chivas.  Very similar in that he gets a perfect feed and only the defenseless keeper is in front of him and some how he manages to hoof it miles over the bar.   That was a Concacaf Champions League trophy (and trip to the Club WC) that got hoofed away on that.   TFC evertaully lost on PK’s.  I dont think i will ever forget that play.  

TFC were not great last night.  But Montreal did not play well enough to deserve anything other than a loss.  Despite being the homeside, there were long stretches where they didnt even touch the ball.  Or even attempt to touch the ball.  I am fine with a countering style,  but if you are not creating chances off of it then you just not effective or good enough <period>.   

32 minutes ago, Free kick said:

This was exactly how i saw it.  First thing i thought of when Delgado skyed that ball was the 90th minute of the CCL final against Chivas.  Very similar in that he gets a perfect feed and only the defenseless keeper is in front of him and some how he manages to hoof it miles over the bar.   That was a Concacaf Champions League trophy (and trip to the Club WC) that got hoofed away on that.   TFC evertaully lost on PK’s.  I dont think i will ever forget that play.  

That was the exact moment my dislike of him intensified to a much higher level and “Delbado” was born.  At this point I expect the give aways and brutal misses, and that was a brutal miss. No impact on the outcome thank goodness.  Bradley either rates him more than Fraser or he doesn’t want Fraser to get on the field and show his value.  Not sure which one is true ...

Let's face it, even great players miss some chances where it looks easier to score, the CCL Final one was historic though simply because it denied the club a place in history, Delgado has a great engine and gets himself around the field, I just think he is too much of an automatic starter for Vanney when others may be more deserving at times!