CanPL in fifa series

Dicdan

i know that is kinda early to see the league in a game like fifa but within some years, how important will be our league being featured in next editions?

i remember i used to play some patches with canadian fictional teams and now with a genuine league, it will bring attention from kids from every part of the country

Edited by Dicdan

1 hour ago, Dicdan said:

i know that is kinda early to see the league in a game like fifa but within some years, how important will be our league being featured in next editions?

i remember i used to play some patches with canadian fictional teams and now with a genuine league, it will bring attention from kids from every part of the country

I think it would be huge for the CPL to be in FIFA; it would give the league a lot of credibility with the kids, and I think it would also get a lot more ‘casuals’ to see it as a serious league. It’s hard to say when the league will make it into the game, but I think that the CPL shouldn’t even charge EA sports for the licensing at first. The league should do everything in its power to get into FIFA. 

Looking at the list of leagues in that voting poll I would say it would take some monumental advances in the league to get it involved as there are so many other leagues that you would think might come first. 

Shouldn't rule out the swing of the market though and if the sales in Canada are up there with other nations and we make some noise about it who knows. The game is made here. 

48 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Duane Rollins said they’d had talks, and that the league will go above and beyond to work with them but they have to earn their inclusion. The marketing would be great for the league if they can get in and I can only Imagine what they would do.

This is so important. I familiarized myself with the CNMNT through FIFA World Cup 2006 the game and was radicalized by the 2007 Gold Cup Semi-Final. I don't care about Canadian soccer if not for video games. 

55 minutes ago, yomurphy1 said:

This is so important. I familiarized myself with the CNMNT through FIFA World Cup 2006 the game and was radicalized by the 2007 Gold Cup Semi-Final. I don't care about Canadian soccer if not for video games. 

Haha, that's awesome.

39 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Don't kid yourselves, Canada being in FIFA for the past 4 or so years has really helped with the overall image of the team.  It would be similar for CPL and maybe even bigger.  What players wouldn't want to see themselves in a video game?

I agree with your general point, but I think it’s more about the league gaining credibility by being in the game, especially in the eyes of fans (particularly kids and casuals) 

7 hours ago, Reign said:

I’d rather see the league in Football Manager for my own personal greed. Also I’m not sure how many leagues the PES games have but if they would do CPL that would be a great alternative.

FM and FIFA please! Not mutually exclusive. FIFA and PES on the other hand might well be mutually exclusive, and in my opinion FIFA is not only the far better game, but is much more played in North America... and it happens to be made here. 

• 1 year later...