Canada patch for FIFA'05 - NOW RELEASED!

strobe_z

I've been thinking about making a 'Canada Super-Patch' for FIFA 2005, but would anyone care?

Anyone familiar with my patches from FIFA 2001 to 2004 will know what I'm talking about - a fantasy Canadian league.

I also hate doing rosters (especially totally fantasy ones), so would anyone like to do that? (only a little technical skill needed)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still put out that they don't bother to put Canada or 2 or 3 Canadian teams into the console game. Why not? It's made in Burnaby!

What's almost worse is I got a copy of TCM this year and Toronto and Vancouver are there, but not one real player.

I would be interested to hear more though. Is it just a league or do you create a MNT pool? If so, how do you "objectively" do the ratings?

I seem to remember the console version of 2000 or 2001 had Canada, and you could ad some missing players who were with their clubs but not the MNT. I think Franks was with Hibs on that one. Oh well, time to move on I guess...

• 2 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

Looks good. Any thoughts about making the transition from console to PC? Love, hate, indifference?

Oh yeah, how is the player pool determined here. Do you actually make up marginally realistic squads?

Personally I like the PC version the best because of the fact that you can actually make easily integrated patches. There is something to be said though for the consoles because you don't have to worry about system specs.

For the player pool... I'm still considering. I'll probably do real rosters for the 3 USL teams - but the rest will be fantasy rosters with random generated players.

Patches can be installed in a number of ways.. most are self-installing but some can be added using the Creation Centre.

GREAT IDEA!!I ONCE HAD THE CANADIAN PATCH MADE BY GREG BAKER,FOR FIFA 2003 I THINK,AND IT WAS REALLY FABOULOUS!!YOU CAN ASK THIS GUY FOR SOME HELP,HE DID AN EXCELLENT JOB!!AND BY THE WAY, A CANADIAN OUTFIT FOR THE NATIONAL TEAM WOULD ALSO BE VERY APPRECIATED!![:P] CIAO DA ROMA

GREAT IDEA!!I ONCE HAD THE CANADIAN PATCH MADE BY GREG BAKER,FOR FIFA 2003 I THINK,AND IT WAS REALLY FABOULOUS!!YOU CAN ASK THIS GUY FOR SOME HELP,HE DID AN EXCELLENT JOB!!AND BY THE WAY, A CANADIAN OUTFIT FOR THE NATIONAL TEAM WOULD ALSO BE VERY APPRECIATED!![:P] CIAO DA ROMA

i am very interested in this.

which league will be replaced? where are the players coming from? what league are you comparing the player-ratings too? ie, no player should really be rated above 70 (even those on the caps and impact who are on the canuck nats), so what, english first division?

what stadia are being used? will there be a cup competition? (is it possible to put the league in europe so you can get your club into the champions league and uefa cups!?!?!?!)

i am very interested in this.

which league will be replaced? where are the players coming from? what league are you comparing the player-ratings too? ie, no player should really be rated above 70 (even those on the caps and impact who are on the canuck nats), so what, english first division?

what stadia are being used? will there be a cup competition? (is it possible to put the league in europe so you can get your club into the champions league and uefa cups!?!?!?!)

Guest HamiltonSteelers

strobe,

If you did the logos, those are outstanding! The St. John's one looks fantastic.

Almost looks like a real league... *sigh*

Guest HamiltonSteelers

strobe,

If you did the logos, those are outstanding! The St. John's one looks fantastic.

Almost looks like a real league... *sigh*

quote:Originally posted by sirio

I asked him, but Greg Baker is too lazy to help out... [:o)]

As for all the questions and comments (in no particular order)...

- No leagues will be replaced.. this will add a completely new CSL Premier league to FIFA 2005. I'm toying with the possibilty of adding 6 more teams (Royal PEI already has a logo I made... Toronto Blizzard? maybe some of the CPSL teams) and then splitting it into 2 divisions (Premier and 2nd?) - complete with relegation and promotion. I'm also talking with the guy who made the CONCACAF patch to make it possible to qualify the Canadian teams into the CONCACAF Champions Cup patch he's working on (he's also working on a USL1 and USL2 patch...). The main thing is that I HATE doing rosters. The Creation Centre makes random players/stats and I was just going to go with those. I'd be happy to have someone who's intersted in working with the player stats to do the rosters (or who'd like to do accurate Vancouver/Montreal/Toronto ones). Rosters for 6 more teams is the largest reason I'm still "toying" with the idea.

- For stadia, the teams will default to the UK and EURO div.2 and 3 ones in FIFA '05.

- Thanks for the comments on the logos. In case no one's figured it out yet.. I am the Greg Baker who was responsible for the Canada patches for FIFA 2001 - 2003 (took a break last year). I did all the logos you don't recognize (from scratch more or less). Some of them are updated from previous versions of the patch, some are updated from old logos (like the Drillers one) and some, like the Calgary Mustangs, are ones that I'd done before.

I knew someone would rat me out on the Tranmere one (Leave it to B&W Army!).. that Regina Rovers one is the very first one I did back in 2001 for the patch.. and I just haven't got around to updating it yet (i.e. stop ripping off Tranmere). I knew someone would call me on it, but I wanted to include it in the teaser as a 'place holder' for the Regina team.

I have to say.. what I'd REALLY like to do is to create the league and then have people actually play it in an online tournament style. The make a website and report the games as if it were a real league - match reports, standings, etc... I'd love to do the website and the graphics, and some of the admin stuff... but there's no way I could do all that on my own. I think it would be really fun to do a "real" fantasy league. Does this interest anyone else?

Cheers all

p.s. Here's a look at the very first FIFA patch I made.. you can see how far the logos have come...

5088_1.jpg

I think the regina uni's lok spiffy and very saskatchewan! Think I've said that before but it is worth repeating. There are only 2 colour combinations that are possible: Green and White (or current Green Silver variation) or blue and gold - the later being more typically associated with Saskatoon, nevertheless, the colours of the Regina city flag.

In terms of the crest, you could keep it, with some modifications: The sheaf of wheat is perfect, the gear could be replaced by a crown (Regina, latin for queen, nickname Queen City), another image to use would be RCMP - perhaps a stylized horeman or two with upright pike with pennant to replace the pair of griffin. Finally, and most obviously, the rampant lion should be replaced with a rampant Gopher!

Archived