Match Thread: July 17, 2019 - York9 FC v Pacific FC

And I see that Forge played at home last night as well, adding to the scheduling insanity in question.

If there were three top flight professional hockey teams playing on the same night in the same respective locations attendance for at least one of those teams would most likely suffer, so hardly a surprise to see it happening with soccer.

30 minutes ago, ted said:

I didn't realize "Generation iX" was the number of supporters in the group. ;)

We had more people at the pub in Victoria. 

Shout out to all the gen9 that showed up last night, but I wonder how many of them were at TFC instead - :(

Lots of ineebriatti stuff on them during matches, especially vs montreal.

July 17, 2019 Complete audio of the post game press conferences on my website:

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports19/19york125.htm

York 9 FC  head coach Jim Brennan, forward Rodrigo Gattas (all in Spanish), and midfielder/captain Manny Aparicio.  

Pacific FC head coach Michael Silberbauer, midfielder/captain Ben Fisk,  and forward Terran Campbell.  

My game writeup will be added in a day or so.  

4 hours ago, Ingham said:

Our attendance was apparently 1769. At least figures were below 2k this time to make em believable but yeah... I don't think there were that many.

Again, for those who don't seem to get it, attendance figure are for tickets sold, NOT bums in seats.

This has a marked effect on York, as fans with Season Tickets count as part of the attendance even of they went to the TFC game (or somewhere else).

It will probably be tickets distributed rather than tickets sold, which means that complimentary tickets can also be included if any were issued. This as has been pointed out by others on here previously is something that is very much the industry standard in North American pro sports, so what York 9 appear to be doing is nothing out of the ordinary.