Match Thread: July 13, 2019 - Pacific FC v Forge FC

1 hour ago, davey_twelve said:

With 3 games in the next 7 days Pacific desperately need players returning to full health. 

Unless players return, I think they only have 11 healthy and eligible outfield players for today. I heard Verhoven might have picked up an injury too

19 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Does the league not have some sort of emergency loan protocol etc?  I thought Pacific picked up someone from the highlanders earlier this season?  Maybe its too much to ask for Friend to suit up??   

Think it's just for keepers. They have 6 on the bench today

Is it me, or did this ref love a drop ball?!  Yet he ruined them by never allowing the best part of one - the two opposition players absolutely smashing each other while the ball is falling to the ground. 

As for the actual game, I’ll take 3 goals scored and a road win any day, but Forge made life far more difficult than it should have been by not finishing a few of those first half chances. On another day, we’d not only be dropping two points, we could easily have given away all 3. 

8 hours ago, Big_M said:

by new rules drop balls are not contested anymore..goes to one team

Is that one of the new rules that has just started this season? I’m sure I recall Arfield and Scott Brown contesting one just this past year in an Old Firm derby. To be fair it probably is a good decision, but there was something special about that Arfield/Brown contest.

Is it also a new rule that if the ball hits the ref, it is a drop ball? That was a strange one, but perhaps that’s because I’ve missed it in the changes too.