Canada vs French Guiana Sunday March 24th 2019 in Vancouver

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, JamboAl said:

What's this "Family Section"?  Is it more of a sit down thing?  Not being judgmental...just curious.  

It is something lots of people seem to want, but no one can define. 

We had them, we sold them out, but they led to problems.   So I stopped doing it, but when I stopped doing it people who were bringing whole teams of kids and large groups like 10, 20, 40+ were buying tickets elsewhere becuase we didn't have this.

They want to to be part of it, we should want people to bring groups of kids to be part of it in some manner... but how do you do it.

In Vancouver the sections are long and narrow.  So if you are sitting on the edge of 203, you are next to a wall of standing people. This will lead to a pile of problems. 

This works better in other stadiums.  I think I will pull it in Vancouver until we have a better idea what it means and how we can utilize it to grow the V's and do something to make those kids feel like they are part of something.

When I asked in the past for a family section, I was more looking for something like the following:

• chants/songs involving swearing would be avoided
  • sitting would be a little more tolerated

You can imagine if you are in 113 (to use a BMO example) and you sit down in the 4th row or something you might feel a little uncomfortable. Having said that, you could argue that you should just move to the back.

I think swearing is the biggest thing though. You want to be able to bring a U10 soccer team and not hear flack from parents when their children come home singing about how we are "@*&#ing dynamite"

3 minutes ago, Saviola7 said:

When I asked in the past for a family section, I was more looking for something like the following:

You can imagine if you are in 113 (to use a BMO example) and you sit down in the 4th row or something you might feel a little uncomfortable. Having said that, you could argue that you should just move to the back.

I think swearing is the biggest thing though. You want to be able to bring a U10 soccer team and not hear flack from parents when their children come home singing about how we are "@*&#ing dynamite"

Right, and that is all good.  

The trouble is the shape and location of the sections.  We try to position the sections so they will not bother other people in the stadium. 

How do you do that with the family section at BC Place.

The immediate option would be to move it to the back, but there isn't really a natural break that way.   Side by side the visibilty will be a problem with the long narrow sections. 

We need to both figure out a seating problem, and a participation what can we do for these kids to make them feel invovled problem. 

5 hours ago, admin said:

The trouble is the shape and location of the sections.  We try to position the sections so they will not bother other people in the stadium. 

The immediate option would be to move it to the back, but there isn't really a natural break that way.   Side by side the visibilty will be a problem with the long narrow sections. 

We need to both figure out a seating problem, and a participation what can we do for these kids to make them feel invovled problem. 

I'm just wondering if the Family Section could be one or two sections away from the rowdier folks but maybe to promote the V's, all kids could be given a Voyageurs scarf (built somewhat into the price of the ticket or spread across all the tickets that we "control"). Just an idea to promote ourselves to a younger audience.

5 hours ago, admin said:

Sooo don't buy the family section tickets then?  

I'm kind of torn what to do.  I'll have my kids who are 10 and 8.. They might like it, they might not.  Figured the safest bet was the family section but if it isn't happening then i'm back to square 1.  I'd rather go thru the V's tho so i dunno

13 minutes ago, smartlikefox said:

I'm kind of torn what to do.  I'll have my kids who are 10 and 8.. They might like it, they might not.  Figured the safest bet was the family section but if it isn't happening then i'm back to square 1.  I'd rather go thru the V's tho so i dunno

Mine are 8 and 5. I'm in a similar dilemma.

16 minutes ago, smartlikefox said:

I'll arrange something for you.  Say the front of 204, on the outside. That way you can see everything and be close to the madness

On 11/28/2018 at 9:18 PM, Saviola7 said:

For some of us the thought of our children not hearing swearing at home is unimaginable. 

Never once however did my kid or any of his cousins ask me why, at the Swangard Southside, every rival keeper was a fckin pedofile bar none.

4 hours ago, King_cheetah said:

I'm confused if the V sections are GA or not... the wording on the post-purchase message has me in doubt: "Tickets will be sent out a week before the game by email. This allows you to add people to your order, and all the tickets will be seated together."

I think you’re assigned seats based off how many you ordered.

4 hours ago, King_cheetah said:

I'm confused if the V sections are GA or not... the wording on the post-purchase message has me in doubt: "Tickets will be sent out a week before the game by email. This allows you to add people to your order, and all the tickets will be seated together."

We can't do GA anymore.  It's a no no. 

Boom - ticket ordered. Super excited to be coming down for this as it will be my first Canada match since 2008 (vs Estonia in Tallinn and the Jamaica WCQ in Toronto).

Also, the ticket ordering process is super smooth. Well done. It seems way easier than folks mailing cheques to my dorm room in Ottawa prior to the WCQ series vs Belize in Kingston, and then me having to snail mail the tickets out prior to the games. 

8 hours ago, Varsity Tyler said:

Boom - ticket ordered. Super excited to be coming down for this as it will be my first Canada match since 2008 (vs Estonia in Tallinn and the Jamaica WCQ in Toronto).

Also, the ticket ordering process is super smooth. Well done. It seems way easier than folks mailing cheques to my dorm room in Ottawa prior to the WCQ series vs Belize in Kingston, and then me having to snail mail the tickets out prior to the games. 

It's funny though... today people want their tickets instantly.  They expect have them in their 'account' when they log into the site.   So now people don't buy tickets with us because it is not instant..... :(

I want my supporters section to be briskly, soullessly handled by an opaque back-end with no actual way to contact customer service maintained by a foreign company that barely cares about the Voyageurs' business. This whole "if something is up with my tickets I send Jamie a Facebook message" system is bullshit.

The funny thing is, if we had GA, it would make it IMMENSELY easier for me to do.  Almost trivial, and I could do it exactly as people are expecting by attaching them to their account on this site.  It would be super slick.

My fear is the apocalypse of hacking that would ensue should there be something of actual value inside the site and the shit storm of fuckery that would happen if we got hacked and didn't know it. 

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

My plane tickets are bought; now to buy my SINGLE ticket on this site which I expect to be in my mailbox within 30 seconds of paying. 

Here is your ticket.   Download it to your phone, you can scan it at the game.

ticket.png

Archived