Canada vs French Guiana Sunday March 24th 2019 in Vancouver

44 minutes ago, Zem said:

I'm not sure why people have been rating James so highly all of a sudden, he's been average at best for the NT over the last couple years. Is is just because he signed with Midtjylland?

Regardless I disagree, he's a solid player but he has room to improve and/or shake off rust as a CB. It's great for us that he's finally playing consistently at CB again, but based on NT play Vitoria and Henry are easily ahead of him, and he's been no better than Cornelius either. Despite that, I do hope he can evolve into a starter for us if he starts getting decent minutes at CB with Midtjylland.

Henry and Cornelius have done nothing more to prove that they are any better than James. I rate James highly because he performed solidly with Fredericia in the second tier and good enough to be called back by Midtjyland on loan. While, Cornelius couldn't get minutes in the Serbian 2nd tier and Henry has always been a liability to make a dumb mistake. I think current club form should be more of a factor then past National team form especially considering how few games we've played recently.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/6/2019 at 12:29 AM, Boominbooty said:

Just bought tickets. Not in supporter section but we’ll be loud anyway! Bringing the whole family. LOTS of tickets left. I’m wondering if we’ll hit 10,000. 

Clearly this will be the all time test of what city best supports the team and deserves everything. Can’t wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Ideally we'd be able to play an attacking 433.  We have the personnel for it, except on defence. 

A four man defence of Adekugbe-James-Henry-Godinho is inexperienced and weak defensively.  At this stage a 3 man back line allows for more of our best players to be on the pitch.  Lots of options and lots of potential firepower on the bench. 

lineup.png

2 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

Ideally we'd be able to play an attacking 433.  We have the personnel for it, except on defence. 

A four man defence of Adekugbe-James-Henry-Godinho is inexperienced and weak defensively.  At this stage a 3 man back line allows for more of our best players to be on the pitch.  Lots of options and lots of potential firepower on the bench. 

lineup.png

Better off playing Davies on the right, Arfield on the left (where he often played last season with Burnley) and Hoilett underneath the strikers. Asking Junior to track opposing wingers would be a defensive liability in my opinion.

However I ultimately think that getting used to playing in a back 4 would be best for the long term success of our team. 

Attention Vancouver Island fans: want someone else to drive to BC Place? Want to hang with other fans?

GET ON THE BUS

Fort Victoria Voyageurs and the Lake Side Buoys are organizing a travel package (same-day return) for the game. Two options are available:

Option one: downtown Victoria -> BC Place $90
Option two: Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal -> BC Place $55

Tickets now available <click here for details and tickets>

5 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

At the Gold Cup this summer (June-July) and Nations League Group A this fall (Sep to Nov)

Shocking that we will go nearly 2 years without playing a top quality team (and it was Jamaica or El Salvador!)

On 2/28/2019 at 4:01 AM, Blackjack15 said:

Less than a month until the match, how many tickets think have been sold? Any CSA Official made any comments to the press on it 

If they can get the attendance to 10,000 for this match that would be a big get 

Not including the Voyageurs section these sold a little over 7500 tickets. 

1 hour ago, rob.notenboom said:

Not including the Voyageurs section these sold a little over 7500 tickets. 

If they are at 7500 three weeks out, not including our tickets then 10K is not going to be a problem at all.

Today is the season opener for the Caps, people will start 'thinking' soccer more and things will pick up.

15 hours ago, admin said:

If they are at 7500 three weeks out, not including our tickets then 10K is not going to be a problem at all.

Today is the season opener for the Caps, people will start 'thinking' soccer more and things will pick up.

Almost 28.000 people say them loose to Minnesota. There's no doubt 20k should be possible for the French Guyana game. I mean come on!

On 3/3/2019 at 7:46 AM, shamrock said:

Almost 28.000 people say them loose to Minnesota. There's no doubt 20k should be possible for the French Guyana game. I mean come on!

Agreed - that’s a ton of enthusiasm for a team with no true star power.  Will be disappointing to see less than 20k for Canada but could understand if people are turned off by our opponent (not realizing they’re just as good as a team like El Salvador). 

54 minutes ago, umpiredice said:

When are the tickets we've bought going to be shipped out?

Only three weeks to go now, I'm looking forward to this!

Sending out an email this week. 

I will ship them the last week before the game. This allows people to add more tickets to their order, and they will be seated together. 

For all of you who bought one ticket..... time to sharpen those social skills and BRING SOMEONE DAMMIT.

Archived