Women's World Cup France 2019

Vic

QUALIFIED TEAMS
The field of 24 is starting to take shape with 15 who have already carved out plane tickets.

Host (1)
France 

AFC (5) 
via 2018 AFC Cup
Japan - winner
Australia - runner-up
China - 3rd place
Thailand - 4th place
South Korea - 5th place

CAF (3)
via 2018 Africa Women's Cup of Nations
* tournament ends December 1

CONCACAF (3)
- via 2018 CONCACAF Women's Championship
USA - winner
Canada - runner-up
Jamaica - 3rd place

CONMEBOL (2) 
- via 2018 Copa America Feminina
Brazil - winners
Chile - runners-up

OFC (1)
via 2018 OFC Women's Nations Cup
* tournament ends December 1

UEFA (7)
via UEFA Qualification Group Stage
England - Group 1 winners
Scotland - Group 2 winners
Norway - Group 3 winners
Sweden - Group 4 winners
Germany - Group 5 winners
Italy - Group 6 winners
Spain - Group 7 winners 

PLAYOFFS (2)
UEFA:  Netherlands v Switzerland (Nov 5 / Nov 13)
CONCACAF/CONMEBOL:  Argentina v Panama (Nov 5 / Nov 13)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The draw for the final tournament will be held on 8 December 2018. Cost of plane tickets going up fast with all the petrol increase due to mideast havoc, so might be a good idea to buy the tickets for over the pond now, and then look at domestic transport later depending on the draw. This will be a great tournament, so hopefully the match ticket prices (not yet announced) will not be too high  (the downside of the growing popularity of the women's game, as the tickets used to be very affordable).

An announcement as to tickets is supposed to be made on Friday: "

Ticket Sales will commence on October 19, 2018.

In the meantime, we kindly invite you to subscribe to our newsletters to receive the latest sales information for the FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019™."

but how can you decide what matches to buy before the draw? Hopefully , they will have some team-specific packages regardless of sites and the draw for teams already qualified, like Canada..

Cute canuckita on FIFA site:

home_1.jpg

25 Euros for 3 matches would be great. We will see what the prices will be after the draw. So far, they are talking about just 3 matches in the same city, but maybe it will be team specific. We will see on Friday.

from: http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2018-09/20/c_137479937.htm

"The FIFA Women's World Cup 2019 will be an amazing competition and we are working hard to ensure that a billion broadcast viewers tune in to follow all of the tournament action. I'm delighted that on Oct. 19, fans will be able to secure their seats to experience the FIFA Women's World Cup in France, a country with such a rich history of women's football," said FIFA President Gianni Infantino at the ticketing launch event.

Prices will start at just under nine euros as part of a special 25-euro package allowing fans to attend three matches.

"With ticketing offers including 25-euro packages to see three matches, the average cost of a ticket amounts to less than nine euros, which I believe illustrates how accessible this FIFA Women's World Cup will be to fans.

"We hope that the French fans here and the foreign fans who will travel to France to attend matches will appreciate our efforts to make this competition accessible to everyone," said Noel Le Graet, French Football Association and Local Organizing Committee President."  "

• What does “football family” presale mean? My third WWC to attend and I have to wait til public sale? And buy before knowing teams’ groups?

1 respuesta0 retweets1 Me gusta
    Responder

Retwittear

Me gusta
En respuesta a @hals517

Hi Hallie. - Tickets from 19/9 are for groups in French football family to purchase.

- Public city packages available from 19/10.

- Team Specific tickets available to apply for via qualified team Federations (post draw, 8 Dec).

- General sale single tickets, in Spring 2019.

For those with CSA contact, any chance of something worked out for group seating for Voyageur of other fan groups?

----------------------

FIFA Women's World Cup  ??Retwitteó U.S. Soccer WNT

Dear fans. If YOUR team has already qualified for the #FIFAWWC, your ticketing purchasing timeline will look similar. We recommend contacting your Federation for more info.

FIFA Women's World Cup  ??agregado,

DpkQ1gIVsAIB5bh.jpg

U.S. Soccer WNTCuenta verificada @ussoccer_wnt
*Dusts off passport* Sign up for 2019 World Cup ticket info and join us in France » http://ussoc.cr/wc19 
2 respuestas19 retweets132 Me gusta
Responder

Retwittear

Me gusta

• 3 weeks later...

The women’s game over in Europe is moving forward at a very fast pace with full professional leagues with high levels of coaching.

Canada will do well to reach the last eight in the 2019 competition after years of being on a par with the best.

Ladies had better get fitter,faster,mentally and physically stronger to show the Male teams how to reach the top level.?

I saw that and that Caitlin Foord had a hat trick. Hard to believe she's 24, feels like just yesterday she had her breakout World Cup at 16.  Some work to be done for Chile, better to find out now than next summer.

Netherlands 1-1 (4-1 agg) against Switzerland today so the Dutch will be looking to cap their Euro with a World Cup. Fitting they're in France, they stumbled against Ireland and Norway but that's more just inconsistency in the finish than quality. They outshot those two by 32-3 and 20-8. When they show up they can give anyone a bad day.

Argentina/Panama is tonight in Panama City, but with an Argentinian 4-0 first leg, that's probably a done deal too.

Watch out Sincy. Here come the Leeuwinnen:

https://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/news/dutch-claim-last-european-ticket-for-france-2019

Dutch claim last European ticket for France 2019 

13 Nov 2018

xxi1id6wv0f42yts2j9p.jpg © Getty Images

The Netherlands have qualified for a second straight FIFA Women’s World Cup™ after a 1-1 second-leg draw in Switzerland ensured a 4-1 aggregate success in their European zone qualification play-off final on Tuesday evening.

It was an eventful start to the decisive leg at LIPO Park in Schaffhausen, with the European champions finding themselves down a player after only eight minutes. Dutch captain Anouk Dekker was shown a straight red card after a professional foul on Switzerland forward Ramona Bachmann.

Though reduced to ten players, the Netherlands threatened to extend their aggregate lead through a pair of first-half chances from Shanice van de Sanden - the latter of which produced a great save from Switzerland goalkeeper Gaelle Thalmann.

Any hopes that the Swiss had of a comeback ended on 52 minutes when Vivianne Miedema finished off a fine Dutch move to put the visitors in front with a valuable away goal. Though Coumba Sow equalised for Switzerland on 71 minutes, it was Sarina Wiegman’s side that celebrated their spot in next year’s competition at the final whistle.

With the aggregate victory, the Dutch return to the world finals after making their debut at Canada 2015. They join tournament hosts France and fellow European qualifiers England, Germany, Italy, Norway, Scotland, Spain and Sweden in booking their spots at France 2019.

• 3 weeks later...

Did the math of our draw. I could be wrong by a lot, but here's what I understand.

Japan has a higher chance to be in our group at 20%, the other teams in pot B (Brazil, Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, Norway) are at 16%

For the pot C team, it gets complicated. 

If we get Japan or Brazil, we would get Italy or Scotland.

If we get an European team in Pot B and 3 other groups have 2 European teams from pot A and B, we would get one of Korea, China, New Zealand, Thailand

If we get an European team, and there  2 other groups with 2 European teams  and the US didn't get an European team, we have something like 60% to get an  Asian team. (because something about Australia can't have an Asian team, so they have to get New Zealand Italy or Scotland) and the other teams would have a 1/8 chance of being in our group.

If we get an European team, and there  2 other groups with 2 European teams  and Australia didn't get an European team, we would have had the same odds of getting any team.

If we get an European team and every group has at least an European team, we would have a 40% chance to get an European team and a 1/6 to get New Zealand, with a 43% chance of getting an Asian team.

Now for Pot D, that is the simple thing.

If we have Brazil in our group, we'll get an African team (Nigeria, Cameroon, South Africa).

If we don't have Brazil, it can be one of the African teams or one of the 2 other South American teams (Chile, Argentina)

On 12/1/2018 at 9:24 AM, admin said:

I was speaking with Trevor last night about arranging a ground package for people in France.

Does anyone here have  a clue if they are going to this?

We will be doing both GC and WWC.

I had planned to go, but my financial situation has significantly changed and a trip to France will not be in the cards for me, unfortunately.

I think teams are hesitant to announce prep friendlies until the draw.

http://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/women-s-international-match-calendar-2018-2019.pdf?cloudid=kp6qzhciaunnz5rbxy6h

-We could play in January (unlikely I think)

-Late February/Early March is Algarve or Cyprus Cup

-April 1st to 9th

-May 24th until our first game in France.

Since our last home games have been Vancouver, Hamilton and Ottawa, I think there will be a home game in Toronto either early April or last weekend of May/first weekend of June. If it's May/June, then I think a home friendly in Toronto against Chile or Argentina would be logical because they can make it an easy stopover and their team and ours can even fly to France on the same plane.

On 12/1/2018 at 8:24 AM, admin said:

I was speaking with Trevor last night about arranging a ground package for people in France.

Does anyone here have  a clue if they are going to this?

We will be doing both GC and WWC.

I would like info on any trip to see CANWNT in France.

On 12/2/2018 at 12:42 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I think teams are hesitant to announce prep friendlies until the draw.

http://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/women-s-international-match-calendar-2018-2019.pdf?cloudid=kp6qzhciaunnz5rbxy6h

-We could play in January (unlikely I think)

-Late February/Early March is Algarve or Cyprus Cup

-April 1st to 9th

-May 24th until our first game in France.

Since our last home games have been Vancouver, Hamilton and Ottawa, I think there will be a home game in Toronto either early April or last weekend of May/first weekend of June. If it's May/June, then I think a home friendly in Toronto against Chile or Argentina would be logical because they can make it an easy stopover and their team and ours can even fly to France on the same plane.

I'm guessing Montreal will get a friendly game.

Archived