Women's World Cup France 2019

Vic

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final decision on VAR at FIFA Council meeting in March, but considering officials are being trained on it now it's likely.

Referees and assistants are female, VAR judges are male. Same judges from the men's tournament.

Women are testing it now at a youth tournament in Europe with teams from Bayern, PSG, etc. Yesterday for the first time a female official cancelled a goal with the use of VAR.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 10:24 AM, admin said:

I was speaking with Trevor last night about arranging a ground package for people in France.

Does anyone here have  a clue if they are going to this?

We will be doing both GC and WWC.

I am going to Canada’s games in Montpellier and Grenoble. Know of a couple going to the game against the Dutch

19 minutes ago, hawk99 said:

I was planning on going to France for the round of 16 and Quarterfinals. Is anyone else sticking around for the knockout rounds?

There is a general FB event group for this.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2210821149206426/

Perhaps post something there.  For sure there are people doing this.  We will use this as a general place to plan meetups, bars, events ect...

3 hours ago, hawk99 said:

I was planning on going to France for the round of 16 and Quarterfinals. Is anyone else sticking around for the knockout rounds?

My plans are also for all group matches and round of 16. Arriving in Paris on June 7th and departing Paris on June 28th. I believe Trillium plans to stay in France for the whole tournament.

3 hours ago, hawk99 said:

Can I get on the list for a Round of 16 and Quarterfinal ticket? 

The only group tickets I know about are for round robin games one and two; we don't even know where the round of 16 or quarterfinals will be yet for Canada so I'm not sure if anyone has done anything there.

3 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Hi @Benjamin Massey Jeff here.  I would also like to join you in Montpellier if u have a single left.

I would be driving from Barcelona earlier that day if it could be of interest to anyone. 

NO NO NO!  DON'T DO IT!!!!

Ha! 

Glad you are going to make it!  Looking forward to it!

7 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I'm going because Montpelier is such a lovely place. 

Yeah, I am so bummed out I wrecked my knee(s).

I have been wanting to hike in the mountains in that region for a very long time.

Well, I guess it will just be wine and cheese for me then....  the horror.

Archived