CSL (any and all info/memories)

ThatOlCeePee

59 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Know that's Jens Kraemer as he is from the London area, but no idea who the other guy is.

Me neither. A buddy told me the same about Jens, played with him in North York. Dope he's from London, my mom immigrated there from Germany too so the community is small. Wonder if anyone knew or knows him

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

That's something I wasn't expecting. I finally get to see this game after 30 years. I bought a ticket for it at the previous Blizzard home game but it turned out I couldn't get away from London, Ont due to other commitments. Too bad Varsity stadium lost its grass surface and 20,000 capacity.

Also sent an email to Mr Rajballie who was pretty psyched about it too, he passed it around to other Blizzard players he'd been in touch with. Have an amazing Blizzard game worn coming from this season in the mail from a guy in Thailand. He was pretty excited about my collection as he'd never know anything about the league and knew a bit about the club. I made sure to send back a double of a 88-89 Blizzard away that I had, only fair he gets a bit of Canadian Soccer history. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/17/2020 at 6:00 PM, ThatOlCeePee said:

Found an 88-89 Toronto game worn away. Wondering if anyone knows who wore 18 for Blizzard that season. Hard to make out all the names on this roster

Blizzard 88 Home Team.png

Supposedly, according to Hector Marinaro, the jersey I found was worn either by Mark Purdy or by Colin Samuels. Tried hollering at Mark Purdy, hopefully he responds 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been posting pics of my old CSL North York Rockets programs on my twitter account...maybe one every second day.

You should be able to find them at @RocketRobin01      I'm doing 1991 when the programs were small (cost cutting) and working backwards.  I didn't follow the team/league in 1987 (the first year of both).  

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 10:45 AM, Rocket Robin said:

I've been posting pics of my old CSL North York Rockets programs on my twitter account...maybe one every second day.

You should be able to find them at @RocketRobin01      I'm doing 1991 when the programs were small (cost cutting) and working backwards.  I didn't follow the team/league in 1987 (the first year of both).  

Already follow you and have been enjoying every post. Super informative in so many ways. Really appreciate it. Been meaning to send you my WIP website address. Haven't settled on a proper Web address yet but would love for you to take a look. 

On my own site I've taken pictures of all my soccer programs for 1991 of North York Rockets and one for Toronto Blizzard which was during the semi-finals and it has the regular season stats for the entire league.  I'll next work on a 'scrapbook' of the newspaper clippings from the Toronto Star and Toronto Sun and add that to my site soon. 

Here's the link:    www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports91/91csl000.htm   

2 minutes ago, Rocket Robin said:

On my own site I've taken pictures of all my soccer programs for 1991 of North York Rockets and one for Toronto Blizzard which was during the semi-finals and it has the regular season stats for the entire league.  I'll next work on a 'scrapbook' of the newspaper clippings from the Toronto Star and Toronto Sun and add that to my site soon. 

Here's the link:    www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports91/91csl000.htm   

Perfect timing. I'm working a night shift tonight. Appreciate this tons. 

On 12/24/2017 at 8:14 AM, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Think I still have some old programs (mainly London Lasers related) in a storage unit that I will be visiting in a few days time. Will see what I can dig out and will post anything that is likely to interest people.

You ever get the opportunity to dig those up? Would love to add info and pics to my site 

Edited by ThatOlCeePee