ThatOlCeePee

CSL (any and all info/memories)

It's crazy, I grew up when this was on TV, playing but never watched/found out about it til later. Shocked at how little info/images etc is around. Have been able to add a few kits to my collection. Hoping anyone else has any info/stories etc 

13 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

No stories as I wasn't in the country when the league was operating. But I did pick up a north york rockets jersey for my collection years ago.  A friend of mine also worked briefly for the canadian professional soccer league (I think that was the name?) As a student And has some great stories.

Oh man so jealous. Lemme know if you ever decide to sell it. I've got a small collection (within my collection)  of those going myself. Got a Blizzard I can't date, an 89-90 Vistas and recently bought an Edmonton Brickmen. Got a pic per chance? I wanna know what to look out for when I thrift

22 hours ago, ThatOlCeePee said:

Oh man so jealous. Lemme know if you ever decide to sell it. I've got a small collection (within my collection)  of those going myself. Got a Blizzard I can't date, an 89-90 Vistas and recently bought an Edmonton Brickmen. Got a pic per chance? I wanna know what to look out for when I thrift

Here you go. Ya, I don't think I am going to sell lol. I live in North York and would love to see a club return to the area. Even a L1O team would be cool - too bad it's only TFC III in the area.

IMG_20171221_115135.jpg

On 21/12/2017 at 11:55 AM, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Here you go. Ya, I don't think I am going to sell lol. I live in North York and would love to see a club return to the area. Even a L1O team would be cool - too bad it's only TFC III in the area.

IMG_20171221_115135.jpg

No stress, I appreciate the pic! What a beauty! Here's hoping they get a club again! 

1 minute ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Think I still have some old programs (mainly London Lasers related) in a storage unit that I will be visiting in a few days time. Will see what I can dig out and will post anything that is likely to interest people.

Oh man that'd be amazing thanks! 

This is the North York Rockets jersey I have.  I think I got it in their second season.  

Leon's the furniture store still exists.   

That pic was taken in 2010 at BMO Field.  

Edited by Rocket Robin

Funny how difficult these are to find. I got automatic searches on Kijiji, ebay etc I keep hoping I'll stumble on one (or many) when I'm out thrifting. Keep the pics coming, I love seeing the kits! Hope someone can post a Highlanders one. 

Edited by ThatOlCeePee

4 hours ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Will have to wait a while, unfortunately, as all my CSL related items are buried too deep in one of the boxes for easy access.

No worries! Hoping this will be a long running thread 

7 hours ago, ThatOlCeePee said:

1988-89 Edmonton Brickmen Away jersey

BTW I misspoke when I said Halifax Highlanders, it was the Nova Scotia Clippers my bad

Thanks for that background on Instagram.  I still think the "Brickmen" name is stupid but at least it was done for a reason (sponsorship).  Enjoying this thread a lot.

6 hours ago, ray said:

Thanks for that background on Instagram.  I still think the "Brickmen" name is stupid but at least it was done for a reason (sponsorship).  Enjoying this thread a lot.

My pleasure! Yeah it's neat finding out all the little stories behind the teams. Before I found out the origins behind Edmonton's team I thought the font of the name looked alot like the font from the brick. Glad to see I wasn't too far off. I'm really enjoying this thread too. Thanks everyone for contributing so far

Edited by ThatOlCeePee

10 hours ago, Toje said:

This has been posted before, but there are not many CSL games on youtube.

Great find! Yeah they seem to be pretty rare, not sure if all the footage was dumped at some point. Shame cuz I'd love to see the kits and line ups

Can remember hearing that TSN wiped the tapes with all the old CSL games, so the archives of all the games of the week coverage by Vic Rauter and Graham Leggat from 1987 to 1991 is probably irretrievably lost. Another youtube user who used to post on here called Krammerhead had some 86ers games uploaded including one of the Mita Cup games against the Steelers, but he eventually took them down. Not sure why and I didn't download and back them up unfortunately.

I've got some Hamilton Steelers programmes, I used to go to many of their matches and the rep team I coached had some training sessions with them! A friend of mine Robbie Cleough played for the Steelers and later moved to the Nova Scotia Clippers, he starts for them in the posted video, he also had the CSL goal of the year ironically enough for the Clippers vs the Steelers!

17 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Can remember hearing that TSN wiped the tapes with all the old CSL games, so the archives of all the games of the week coverage by Vic Rauter and Graham Leggat from 1987 to 1991 is probably irretrievably lost. Another youtube user who used to post on here called Krammerhead had some 86ers games uploaded including one of the Mita Cup games against the Steelers, but he eventually took them down. Not sure why and I didn't download and back them up unfortunately.

Ah man, that's super sad, good bit of history TSN got rid of

1 minute ago, gator said:

I've got some Hamilton Steelers programmes, I used to go to many of their matches and the rep team I coached had some training sessions with them! A friend of mine Robbie Cleough played for the Steelers and later moved to the Nova Scotia Clippers, he starts for them in the posted video, he also had the CSL goal of the year ironically enough for the Clippers vs the Steelers!

Amazing! I bet dudes got stories for days! If ya get a chance pls post up some pics of those programmes

8 hours ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

I download them, but my files were probably lost when my computer crashed.  I might have them on DVD, so I will take a look to see if I can find them.

I knew of a man in Ontario who had a huge bookcase full of CSL matches on VHS. This was about 20 years ago, so no idea what happened to his collection.

Edited by Toje

2 hours ago, Toje said:

I download them, but my files were probably lost when my computer crashed.  I might have them on DVD, so I will take a look to see if I can find them.

I knew of a man in Ontario who had a huge bookcase full of CSL matches on VHS. This was about 20 years ago, so no idea what happened to his collection.

Goddamn here's hoping you find em (the files, can't imagine those VHS are still around hahaha)