CSL (any and all info/memories)

ThatOlCeePee

I remember going to Intrepid games at Mooney's Bay with my Dad. I don't think I have any memorabilia but I may have a program around somewhere. All I remember is Ted Eck, perhaps his name was memorable. I followed his career up to when he joined MLS. It was a long soccer-less gap before the Ottawa Wizards came to town for a brief run in the CPSL.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/24/2017 at 2:14 PM, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Think I still have some old programs (mainly London Lasers related) in a storage unit that I will be visiting in a few days time. Will see what I can dig out and will post anything that is likely to interest people.

Found several old programs and will post them up over the next few weeks:

https://postimg.cc/TyBW3KT7

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2019 at 3:48 AM, Dicdan said:

just created a page for London Lasers on wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Lasers

it has a lack of information, i know... guys feel free to edit and help the article

The home opener had a crowd of 3563 and was lost 3-0 to the Blizzard. Paul Peschisolido scored a hatrick. From what I remember there were about 20-30 younger visiting fans who made the trip who chanted some songs. The present day generation didn't invent organized fan groups.

First-Week-1990-season.jpg 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, BuzzAndSting said:

Looks like a different coloured version of the 1990 West Germany Adidas jersey.

111_1024x1024@2x.png

Hahaha was being sarcastic but bloody innernets got in the way. Quite a few clubs did variations on it, oddly I'm never mad when I see it. Gotta get my hands on a kickers kit, especially that one. 

Just now, ThatOlCeePee said:

Hahaha was being sarcastic but bloody innernets got in the way. Quite a few clubs did variations on it, oddly I'm never mad when I see it. Gotta get my hands on a kickers kit, especially that one. 

Ahhhhh. Although it is a great piece of Canadian soccer kitsch-acana I must say it does not look good in green, white and yellow! I would love one of those Umbro balls.