ThatOlCeePee

CSL (any and all info/memories)

I remember going to Intrepid games at Mooney's Bay with my Dad. I don't think I have any memorabilia but I may have a program around somewhere. All I remember is Ted Eck, perhaps his name was memorable. I followed his career up to when he joined MLS. It was a long soccer-less gap before the Ottawa Wizards came to town for a brief run in the CPSL.

On 2/1/2018 at 2:35 PM, Trequartisi said:

Steve Armitage rather than Vic Rauter but lots of Mobillllliooo

I was at that first 86ers game at Swangard vs Edmonton. Great memories from those days as a soccer-loving kid.

On 12/24/2017 at 2:14 PM, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Think I still have some old programs (mainly London Lasers related) in a storage unit that I will be visiting in a few days time. Will see what I can dig out and will post anything that is likely to interest people.

Found several old programs and will post them up over the next few weeks:

https://postimg.cc/TyBW3KT7

On 2/4/2019 at 3:48 AM, Dicdan said:

just created a page for London Lasers on wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Lasers

it has a lack of information, i know... guys feel free to edit and help the article

The home opener had a crowd of 3563 and was lost 3-0 to the Blizzard. Paul Peschisolido scored a hatrick. From what I remember there were about 20-30 younger visiting fans who made the trip who chanted some songs. The present day generation didn't invent organized fan groups.

First-Week-1990-season.jpg 

I used to go to all of the Hamilton Steeler games and used to be a ball boy for them. I remember when they played Red Star Belgrade from Yugoslavia at Brian Timmins Stadium in the late 1980s. Crazy!

Posted (edited)

A guy I spoke to on Twitter showed me his 1987 Calgary Kickers Home. Pic must be from a following year. Edit: Pic is from 87, no idea about the shirt, maybe 88?

IMG_20190310_030725.jpg

42377405720_f5ee6396a1_b.jpg

Edited by ThatOlCeePee

1 minute ago, Dicdan said:

Eck was even top scorer of that saison w/ 21 goals

One more jersey I'd love to find. Oddly I'd say that almost half the jerseys I've bought have been from Americans. 

Just now, BuzzAndSting said:

Looks like a different coloured version of the 1990 West Germany Adidas jersey.

111_1024x1024@2x.png

Hahaha was being sarcastic but bloody innernets got in the way. Quite a few clubs did variations on it, oddly I'm never mad when I see it. Gotta get my hands on a kickers kit, especially that one. 

Just now, ThatOlCeePee said:

Hahaha was being sarcastic but bloody innernets got in the way. Quite a few clubs did variations on it, oddly I'm never mad when I see it. Gotta get my hands on a kickers kit, especially that one. 

Ahhhhh. Although it is a great piece of Canadian soccer kitsch-acana I must say it does not look good in green, white and yellow! I would love one of those Umbro balls.