CSL (any and all info/memories)

ThatOlCeePee

Now added in my CSL collection is the 1992 season.  There were no programs issued at the stadium but 'The International Soccer News' was sold at the entrance of the North York Rockets game and I'd piece the lineups together.   The playoff edition had the entire regular season statistics.  Only six teams and this was the last year of the league.  

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports92/92csl000.htm  

3 minutes ago, Rocket Robin said:

Now added in my CSL collection is the 1992 season.  There were no programs issued at the stadium but 'The International Soccer News' was sold at the entrance of the North York Rockets game and I'd piece the lineups together.   The playoff edition had the entire regular season statistics.  Only six teams and this was the last year of the league.  

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports92/92csl000.htm  

Perfect timing as usual, will update my site tonight! Thanks as always! 

slowly sharing my website, finally decided on a name and need to register it, heres a look at what I've got. Feel free to drop me a line with suggestions or anything else (yes I will be changing the address) 

(see below, deleted old address) 

Edited by ThatOlCeePee

11 minutes ago, Rocket Robin said:

Now added is the 1988 season.  Programs from the North York Rockets and a few from Toronto Blizzard.  Also newspaper stories from the Toronto papers added in a few of the programs scrapbook style that outline the standings and stories for the season.  

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports88/88csl000.htm

Timing couldn't be better. Have a Steelers shirt im trying to figure out who wore. Can Update my site tonight Thanks again for all your hard work Robin! 

On 4/19/2020 at 5:53 PM, Rocket Robin said:

Now added is the 1988 season.  Programs from the North York Rockets and a few from Toronto Blizzard.  Also newspaper stories from the Toronto papers added in a few of the programs scrapbook style that outline the standings and stories for the season.  

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports88/88csl000.htm

Thanks for the memories. Had a family member that played for the Supra that year.

15 hours ago, ThatOlCeePee said:

Put a bunch of games up on the site www.csl1987.ca and YouTube 

Includes the likes of Supra, Fury, 86ers, Steelers, Kickers, Intrepid, Blizzard. 

Thanks for that, will inform my family member about it. I have a few CSL stuff that I have to find and post them here one day (soon).

On 4/24/2020 at 9:57 AM, MtlMario said:

Thanks for that, will inform my family member about it. I have a few CSL stuff that I have to find and post them here one day (soon).

Would your family member be interested in giving a first person account of the CSL from a player's perspective?  I haven't come across much of this.  Might be interesting addition for @ThatOlCeePee 's site if he is amenable. 

50 minutes ago, ray said:

Would your family member be interested in giving a first person account of the CSL from a player's perspective?  I haven't come across much of this.  Might be interesting addition for @ThatOlCeePee 's site if he is amenable. 

Wouldn't object, occasionally text w Jamie Lowery who's got great stories, Drew Ferguson too, played with the idea of posting some of their stories 

9 hours ago, ThatOlCeePee said:

Wouldn't object, occasionally text w Jamie Lowery who's got great stories, Drew Ferguson too, played with the idea of posting some of their stories 

10 hours ago, ray said:

It's a go. Message me to see how we proceed.

55 minutes ago, Rocket Robin said:

Now added is the 1989 season.  Programs from the North York Rockets and one from Toronto Blizzard and an exhibition game between Blizzard and Flamengo of Brazil.  
Also Toronto newspaper columns and tables.  
http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports89/89csl000.htm   

This is great! Have a Steelers kit that's game worn and I couldn't identify, got it now! 

• 3 weeks later...

That’s awesome. Just took a quick peek. Saw Barry McLean and Mario Halapir both mentioned on the Kitchener team (assistant coach and draft pick respectively). I recently found out about Barry but didn’t know about Mario. The two of them made the wise decision to cut me from WLU try outs in the late 90’s two years before I got the hint and didn’t try a third time :)

4 hours ago, Kent said:

That’s awesome. Just took a quick peek. Saw Barry McLean and Mario Halapir both mentioned on the Kitchener team (assistant coach and draft pick respectively). I recently found out about Barry but didn’t know about Mario. The two of them made the wise decision to cut me from WLU try outs in the late 90’s two years before I got the hint and didn’t try a third time :)

Hahahahahaha

14 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Twitter seems to know I would be interested in this:

That thing is super helpful, tons of info in there. Mark was a lot of help.