General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

There's got to be a balance in playing teams from the region vs. playing better teams from around the world....CSA just has to find that balance...Jamaica is a decent friendly to schedule....I like that game.....would love to see a decent friendly scheduled during the October window also.....hell pay for a minnow to come up and work in a bunch of young guys...something

5 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

If those players don't want to play in CONCACAF. Why would they want to participate in WCQ?

Because they are playing to for a chance to get into a World Cup. Look at Hutch, he doesn't play friendlies against bullshit concacaf  ( he hasn't in a long time ). He comes in during World Cup time. 

5 minutes ago, mrstepp817 said:

There's got to be a balance in playing teams from the region vs. playing better teams from around the world....CSA just has to find that balance...Jamaica is a decent friendly to schedule....I like that game.....would love to see a decent friendly scheduled during the October window also.....hell pay for a minnow to come up and work in a bunch of young guys...something

I can agree with you there, a balance is needed. I don't understand why they didn't schedule another game in September. Each FIFA window for friendlies  they are allowed 2 games and a week with the national team. It seems like the CSA got bullied again by the MLS teams haha

14 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

I can agree with you there, a balance is needed. I don't understand why they didn't schedule another game in September. Each FIFA window for friendlies  they are allowed 2 games and a week with the national team. It seems like the CSA got bullied again by the MLS teams haha

What does MLS have to do with it?  

Dont you remember the thread awhile ago where a lot of people argued that its better to spend the time in training instead of playing a second game??  I know we want to see them play, but maybe Oz wants to work on things in practice with guys he has not had in camp before.  

32 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

But we are not going get our top end talent playing against our confederation. Concacaf is a joke to the world. Hey Cristante, Ferreira, Gutierrez  come and play for Canada. We are going to play Honduras,El Salvador , Jamaica,Bermuda, Saint Kitts,  Barbadoes, Haiti and Panama a 100 times. So exciting  eh ? Oh ps. Watch out for the bags of piss and the horrible fields that might  destroy your legs and ruin your career. 

It's funny, if you look at Canada record against top 50 nations, it's not bad, there's not a lot wins but close games and ties though. Interesting 

You're kidding me right? "Hey all fence sitters, come and play for Canada so we can play your former teams in friendlies and almost make the hex each WCQ"

2 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

What does MLS have to do with it?  

Dont you remember the thread awhile ago where a lot of people argued that its better to spend the time in training instead of playing a second game??  I know we want to see them play, but maybe Oz wants to work on things in practice with guys he has not had in camp before.  

No he doesn't because obviously he is new here

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, canta15 said:

I know we want to see them play, but maybe Oz wants to work on things in practice with guys he has not had in camp before.  

Oh please let's get real here! The CSA doesn't book two games because of the cost! Oz has already came out and said Canada needs to starting playing top teams and more games.

MLS teams always bitch about the FIFA windows. And you guys can't take a joke 

Us complaining about Concacaf would make a lot more sense if were even in the top tier a la Mexico, US, Costa Rica...but we are a low ranked Tier 2 team at the best of times..

Also developing a steady stream of talent seems much more important than simply facing strong teams...I think the idea that you become better simply by facing stronger opposition is a bit overrated.

1 minute ago, mpg_29 said:

Also developing a steady stream of talent seems much more important than simply facing strong teams...I think the idea that you become better simply by facing stronger opposition is a bit overrated.

Developing a steady stream of talent is  necessary, totally agree with you. But Canada has top talent guys not playing for Canada why because they can  potentially play for better teams and play against the best constantly and World Cups. The USA put in a policy mandate to get to duel nationals to come play with them and look at the results. It seems like in Canada's case we develop or get young players to play, they do well and  when the time comes to play for the senior team, they have left to another country or the CSA has  a Brain fart  and forgets about them. 

The CSA needs create or have better a scouting department. Because there is talent out there that is connected to Canada is some way. 

50 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Oh please let's get real here! The CSA doesn't book two games because of the cost! Oz has already came out and said Canada needs to starting playing top teams and more games.

MLS teams always bitch about the FIFA windows. And you guys can't take a joke 

idk where you got that quote from but I never said that

30 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Developing a steady stream of talent is  necessary, totally agree with you. But Canada has top talent guys not playing for Canada why because they can  potentially play for better teams and play against the best constantly and World Cups. The USA put in a policy mandate to get to duel nationals to come play with them and look at the results. It seems like in Canada's case we develop or get young players to play, they do well and  when the time comes to play for the senior team, they have left to another country or the CSA has  a Brain fart  and forgets about them. 

The CSA needs create or have better a scouting department. Because there is talent out there that is connected to Canada is some way. 

Of course I agree that would should be trying to convince any dual nationals to play for us.

But that is still a band aid solution imo.  We are simply not developing enough players at the top players to have a deep enough roster to be competitive. 

In terms of what I would consider 'A' level players for us we had Hutchison and De Guzeman in their prime...now we have Arfield and Hoilett. So we're merely maintained having two 'A' level players in our roster. You could make an argument that we do have a bit more depth of ' B' level players but still not enough.

We really need 3-4X the amount of players at each level to be competitive. ie 6-8 players in top European leagues and 60+ players getting decent playing time in lower leagues..

Edited by mpg_29

Question for everyone.  Wouldn't it be easier to recruit young players and or duel nationals to come play for Canada  if you can go to them and say to them "  come play for Canada our team is young and developing, but we have some very talented  pieces, and with joining the program we would have something really special here. The goal here is to win and be in the Top 40 in world and to play in World Cups. We are going to be playing against top teams, like England , Italy, Chile , Brazil , France , Mexico, United States, Denmark , Sweden, Japan etc for   Preparation.  I understand that you have an option to play for another nation, well we will be playing against the same teams your other nation will be playing against and with the talent we have and the way concacaf is designed we have a great chance to make the 2022 World Cup and we will hosting 2026. Also you will probably playing big minutes, you can show your talents to the world against the the best. "

29 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Developing a steady stream of talent is  necessary, totally agree with you. But Canada has top talent guys not playing for Canada why because they can  potentially play for better teams and play against the best constantly and World Cups.

Canada has exactly two top talents not playing for them because they can play can potentially play for a better team. Tabla and Akinola...that's it. All the other dual-nationals would be us poaching them; they weren't developed in Canada, and wouldn't even consider playing for Canada if they could make their national team. 

9 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Question for everyone.  Wouldn't it be easier to recruit young players and or duel nationals to come play for Canada  if you can go to them and say to them "  come play for Canada our team is young and developing, but we have some very talented  pieces, and with joining the program we would have something really special here. The goal here is to win and be in the Top 40 in world and to play in World Cups. We are going to be playing against top teams, like England , Italy, Chile , Brazil , France , Mexico, United States, Denmark , Sweden, Japan etc for   Preparation.  I understand that you have an option to play for another nation, well we will be playing against the same teams your other nation will be playing against and with the talent we have and the way concacaf is designed we have a great chance to make the 2022 World Cup and we will hosting 2026. Also you will probably playing big minutes, you can show your talents to the world against the the best. "

It seems you can't get this simple concept through your thick head, we can't be a top 40 team if we can't even beat teams mediocre teams from our own confederation. Playing teams from everywhere other than Concacaf isn't going to help that

Edited by Guest

Just now, canta15 said:

It seems you can't get this simple concept through your thick head, we can't be a top 40 team if we can't even beat teams mediocre teams from our own confederation. Playing teams from everywhere other than Concacaf isn't going to help that

Loses to Jamaican B+ team. THE ISSUE HERE GUYS IS THAT WE AREN'T PLAYING GERMANY! 

You don't get to just playing the world's best teams on charity. To get there we need to establish ourselves as a top team in CONCACAF first. So more competitive games against CONCACAF > friendlies.

Duel Nationals          Current Canada stars

Cristante is 22                  Larin 22                

Ferreira is 24                    Arfield 28

Gutiérrez is 20                  Davies 16

Tomori  is 19                     Hoilett 26

Ballou is 18                      Cavallini 24

Kadioglu is 17                    Henry 24

Jumeau is 17                     Borjan 29 

Roberts is 17      Jackson-Hamel 23

Wotherspoon is 27

Vaikla is 20

Akinola is 17

those players are not a ban aid , they are the present and future of Canada's team. 

Edited by SpecialK

18 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Ferreira is 24                    Arfield 28

Roberts is 17      Jackson-Hamel 23

Wotherspoon is 27

Vaikla is 20

Akinola is 17

those players are not a ban aid , they are the present and future of Canada's team. 

Ironic how Canada's future players don't want to play for Canada

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Ferreira is 24                    Airfield 28

Roberts is 17               Jackson-Hamel 23

Wotherspoon is 27

Vaikla is 20

Akinola is 17

I think pinning your hopes on a duel nationals choosing to play for us because we might play some friendlies against stronger teams is short sighted and yeah a band aid solution to the MNT woes..

1 minute ago, canta15 said:

Ironic how Canada's future players don't want to play for Canada

Oh my it's a huge  mystery why the don't want  to ? How do we solve it/ change their minds ? Have we had problems like this before with other star players,  so we can learn from the past??

HAHAHA ?

I swear that just a few months ago everyone was bitching that we needed more matches against CONCACAF teams, allowing us to prepare for the type of style we'll face in WCQ. And now we're getting the opportunity and people think it's gonna hurt us? Some people just can't be pleased.

Right now we're not not a force in CONCACAF. We're not playing at a higher level than Jamaica, Honduras, Panama, etc. Getting competitive matches against those teams are exactly what we need.

4 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

I swear that just a few months ago everyone was bitching that we needed more matches against CONCACAF teams, allowing us to prepare for the type of style we'll face in WCQ. And now we're getting the opportunity and people think it's gonna hurt us? Some people just can't be pleased.

Right now we're not not a force in CONCACAF. We're not playing at a higher level than Jamaica, Honduras, Panama, etc. Getting competitive matches against those teams are exactly what we need.

No its just one idiot who doesn't know better

1 minute ago, Pottsy3 said:

People don't think it is going to hurt us, @SpecialK thinks it is going to hurt us, and he hasn't really made a logical argument. Mexico and to a slightly lesser extent, the US and Costa Rica should be fuming over the Nations League. But it is fantastic for the rest of CONCACAF. We are getting ~6 competitive games a year we didn't previously have...that is a major advancement for Canadian soccer.