2017 Gold Cup Opponents

Gian-Luca

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GimliJetsMan said:

lol these Fox Commentators have been terrible.

Sounds like they don't even understand that Canada could take 1st place.

EDIT: and then they couldn't even remember the correct score in the Canada-FG game. wow.

I have wanted to punch Brad Friedel in the face several times in this past week.  He actually said in the US Martinique game that the Martinique players should aim at the keeper because they can't hit anything.  What an rude, ignorant ass.

39 minutes ago, GimliJetsMan said:

FG down to 10 men.

Oh my god what an absolutely TERRIBLE call. Didn't even touch him in the face, and he goes down grabbing it.

FG get's CONCACAF'd

If there is one thing I hate, it's injury simulation. I don't like dives, but they are part of the game, but the CR player knows he didn't get hit in the face, and the only reason to grab it is to try and get the other player sent off.

Laws of the game says intent in this case is worth a red, regardless whether there is contact or not

4 minutes ago, Yohan said:

Laws of the game says intent in this case is worth a red, regardless whether there is contact or not

I think what really annoyed me is how the commentary treated the "victim" and basically praised him for going down.

If they went, "Due to the rules of the game, it's a red, but it's a disgraceful act from the costa rican, I could understand it."

6 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

To be fair. The Mexican Unionvision commentators are actually giving us alot of love. Although I think most could agree

Mexicans announcers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Americans.

Fixed your post. 

9 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

So if Honduras manage to go through with 4pts, it will solely be on the strength of the goals awarded in the FG game.

I think they are mathematically through aren't they?

Honduras is 4 points +2 on GD

if Martinique beats Panama; Honduras is ahead of Panama on goal diff.....if Martinique ties Panama Honduras is ahead of of MTQ on goal diff...if Panama beats Martinique Honduras is ahead on points....

if El Salvador beats Jamaica; Honduras is ahead of Jamaica on goal diff.....if El Salvador ties Jamaica; Honduras is ahead of of El Salvador on goal diff...if Jamaica beats El Salvador; Honduras is ahead on points....

7 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

What happens if Mexico tank to play us instead of Honduras? :huh:

Well not even tank.....if there is a result in the other game. They can rest a bunch of guys, just pass it around, tie and finish 2nd and play us.

they would get destroyed by their press and that's match fixing so they could get huge fines or banned from tournaments or something

9 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

What happens if Mexico tank to play us instead of Honduras? :huh:

Well not even tank.....if there is a result in the other game. They can rest a bunch of guys, just pass it around, tie and finish 2nd and play us.

After an unimpressive tie against Jamaica they'd get torched in their own media

Archived