2017 Gold Cup Opponents

Gian-Luca

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

but it was very likely in the back of the players minds..

That shows laziness by them.

Canada 1 Honduras 0

Honduras & FG had a fairly wide open match especially in the 2nd half. Both goalkeepers should be credited for keeping everybody off the scoreboard. Leon for FG really bounced back after his amateurish showing against Canada. Malouda had an impact as he had 2 good chances to score. 

FG down to 10 men.

Oh my god what an absolutely TERRIBLE call. Didn't even touch him in the face, and he goes down grabbing it.

FG get's CONCACAF'd

If there is one thing I hate, it's injury simulation. I don't like dives, but they are part of the game, but the CR player knows he didn't get hit in the face, and the only reason to grab it is to try and get the other player sent off.

12 minutes ago, GimliJetsMan said:

FG down to 10 men.

Oh my god what an absolutely TERRIBLE call. Didn't even touch him in the face, and he goes down grabbing it.

FG get's CONCACAF'd

If there is one thing I hate, it's injury simulation. I don't like dives, but they are part of the game, but the CR player knows he didn't get hit in the face, and the only reason to grab it is to try and get the other player sent off.

Makes you wonder if simulating a red card offense should be a red card offense.

Another problem is the commentary. The commentary I'm listening too has done nothing but defend the player who went to the ground, and even praise him for the savvy move to go to ground.

The commentary needs to just bury the guy who faked an injury, and flat out embarrass him.

2 minutes ago, Razcal said:

Win by 2 we win the group.

What's the second tie breaker?

1. Greatest number of points obtained in group matches
  2. Goal difference in all group matches
  3. Greatest number of goals scored in all group matches
  4. Greatest number of points obtained in group matches between the teams concerned;
  5. Drawing of lots by the Gold Cup Committee

If we win by 2 goals then we would overtake Costa Rica for 1st since we would have scored more goals than them. 

The ranking of each team in each group will be determined as follows:

1. Greatest number of points obtained in group matches
  2. Goal difference in all group matches
  3. Greatest number of goals scored in all group matches
  4. Greatest number of points obtained in group matches between the teams concerned;
  5. Drawing of lots by the Gold Cup Committee

So.... a 2 goal win still gets us first in the group if CR-FG ends 3-0

1 minute ago, Gopherbashi said:

Well, we're playing for second now.

Score a goal, hold the lead and bring in Davies late and bury Honduras on the counter and win by 2 :). I was predicting 5-0 CR lol so we got this!

2-0 Canada vs Honduras

3 minutes ago, Razcal said:

Win by 2 we win the group.

What's the second tie breaker?

Goals scored. Right now we are level with Costa Rica on that front, but barring Honduras fielding Florent Malouda in some kamikaze pact, we'd have to score at least one goal to beat Honduras which would take us to 6. But we need to get to 7 goals to win by at least two to match the first tie breaker of goal differential as they are plus 4 now.

Archived