Canadians abroad: April 21-27, 2017

DJT

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Grizzly said:

He played a total of under 400 minutes in MLS in 3 seasons. In his last season with the Caps he played 148 MLS minutes. It would be a big step down from MLS to 4th division if he was actually playing any significant minutes in MLS but given he was mostly playing USL with a bit of VCup and Champions League because Vancouver didn't take those competitions very seriously I think it was a step up. He should either get a shot with the first team at Dusseldorf or be in a position to transfer at least to the 3rd BL if he keeps performing like this.  

As a 20 year old las season, he played nearly 600 first team minutes and over 1000 minutes with the reserve team in some very important competitions. This season he's played six 90 minute games, and some substitute appearances, strictly with their lower table reserve team. I just don't see that as a major step up, or that he was severely miss treated in Vancouver. He's on a great run of form, and I hope it earns him some Bundesliga II minutes. I hope the move that he forced, turns out to be a good one in the end. 

22 hours ago, shermanator said:

Riggi has scored for Phoenix Rising. They are up 3-0 on Swope Park. No Drogba anywhere. Pasher, Didic and Gonzalez are starting for Swope Park.

Was at the Phoenix game last night. Phoenix won 4-3.

Riggi was the main danger man for them, especially in the first half. Began to fade after that. Had some really nice footwork although sometimes tries to dribble too much. He seems to have become a fan favourite here in the desert. The supporters were regularly chanting his name (although not always pronouncing it correctly).

Gonzalez started up top for Swope Park. Didn't see too much of him as Phoenix dominated the early portion of the match. SPR made a tactical change  and Gonzalez got moved wide right. My first time watching him live, and it was a tough match to judge him, but he seemed like a nice player for this level.

Didic started off slow and clumsy but grew into the game. Jumped into the tackle too often for my liking.

Pasher wasn't listed in the program so I didn't even realize he was playing.

In interested news, Frank Yallop resigned as Phoenix manager today.

23 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Simeon Jackson not in the 18 today for Walsall. Anybody know why?

Reports from the local Express and Star note that, after the disappointing lost to Coventry this past weekend, the manager was going to start a bunch of youngsters as an audition for next year. Wouldn't be surprised if Jackson doesn't play in Walsall's last game either.

Archived