Brian Wright

lazlo_80

• 1 month later...

Sent on an open-ended loan to Birmingham Legion FC of USL Championship

https://www.uslchampionship.com/news_article/show/1004581

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Birmingham Legion FC announced it had added midfielder Zachary Herivaux and forward Brian Wright on loan from New England Revolution. Both players come with an open-ended loan, meaning that they can be potentially recalled by New England at any time during the 2019 USL Championship season.

Made his Birmingham debut as a second half sub in their 1-0 home loss to Ottawa. Was denied the tying goal late in the game when Meilleur-Giguere cleared the ball off the line. He did really well to bring down a long ball, but his touch around the keeper was just too soft.

• 3 months later...

Wright got his second goal of the season for Birmingham.  He was all over the highlights for this game even though he came in as a sub. 

I think hes gotten into 10-11 games for them so far, and has gotten a couple games for the REVS.   

• 3 months later...

as opposed to cpl? because you still have a shot at getting called to mls..and with arena there its much more exciting for players..hes already turned that team around and could make it a championship contender..anyway looks like his contract is finishing with revs so lets see what happens with them

• 2 months later...

Birmingham Legion FC announced that they have signed Brian Wright to a "multi-year" contract.

Brian spent the majority of the past season on loan in B'ham, playing in 28 games and getting 6 goals & 4 assists for the first year expansion club. 

The Legion will start the season with 2 Canadians on the roster as Mathieu Laurent (CB) is also back after he proved himself to be one of the clubs best defenders before getting hurt mid-season.

1 hour ago, Acid-Tone said:

Birmingham Legion FC announced that they have signed Brian Wright to a "multi-year" contract.

Brian spent the majority of the past season on loan in B'ham, playing in 28 games and getting 6 goals & 4 assists for the first year expansion club. 

The Legion will start the season with 2 Canadians on the roster as Mathieu Laurent (CB) is also back after he proved himself to be one of the clubs best defenders before getting hurt mid-season.

IIRC, former Cap Daigo Kobayashi was there last season. My kids were training with him a couple weeks back. It only occurred to me now that I meant to ask him about the Canucks, especially Laurent, who I'm not familiar with at all.

• 6 months later...