Brian Wright

lazlo_80

6 hours ago, shamrock said:

I believe they wanted to sell/trade Nemeth before this season. That would have opened some opportunities for him. 

You think so? Haven't they been using just a couple fw and is Nemeth playing much games for NER?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was scrolling through the Revs twitter after the game and there seemed to be a ton of frustration that Wright was being given minutes off the bench in the last few matches over Kellyn Rowe. A few (probably hyperbolic) comments that Wright was a high school level player. I can't say I've seen a ton of him myself, but not great to hear

Reading this board sometimes you hear that Larin is a bum and Henry should never be in the lineup etc etc.  Take it for what its worth.  I think the Rowe fans should be more worried that Zahibo, Caidedo and Penilla all came in a settled into starting midfield positions, not Wright. They worried about the 70min Wright has gotten as a extra forward late in games??  Rowe is a popular player but he is a perfect example of MLS and its increasing quality.  The Revs brought in 3 quality midfielders this season and he got squeezed out.  

• 2 weeks later...

Goal can be seen here. From an Impact perspective I can't say I am very happy about the goal or result but this is the second time in a week I watched a Canadian goal that on first glance just seemed to be right place right time but on second look was more impressive. The first was the Cavallini which the first time I watched seemed just like an easy finish from a fortunate bounce of the ball. The second time I watched I noticed he did a flick on to himself to get past a defender before the finish which made the goal much more skillful and impressive. Again here it looks just like Wright gets a lucky rebound and easy finish on the first angle from far away. However, the different angles that are closer show how fast he reacts to the ball coming out which is very impressive. 

https://twitter.com/NERevolution/status/1037501903490428928/video/1

Edited by Grizzly

9 hours ago, Grizzly said:

An article on him with some nice comments from his coach. He started because one of those guys who name we do not say on this forum was injured!

https://www.revolutionsoccer.net/post/2018/09/05/wright-marks-first-mls-start-first-goal-he-was-just-waiting-chance

High praise from his manager and keeper, that’s always good to hear.  I was thinking he would be a CPL candidate but those quotes make it sound like he has a chance to be a MLS regular. 

6 hours ago, shamrock said:

I'd still take a step down if I was him. Chances are high he'll barely get more minutes next season. That would be 3 seasons lost. 1 start just doesn't make up for all the time lost. 

Let’s see how the rest of the season goes before we say a guy coming off his first league start and goal should step down.  It’s impressive he’s worked himself into a weekly option with how many attacking players NER has.  

Half the battle in football (as we know all too well) is having your manager like you and he has that checked off so until that changes I think he’s in a good spot. 

• 1 month later...