Concacaf Hex results (R)

Soccerpro

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, kungfucious said:

hahahhahhaahaha! wow. thats a really great observation. are u talking to one mr. so called rookie of the year?

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2015/07/09/cyle-larin-canada-miss-gold-cup-el-salvador

or worse, when it counts...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zKo-jJlAo14

Although Larin always looks poor when he plays for Canada, I was referring to the entire team, and our inability to win anywhere in Central America, ever.

USA will be fine and qualify. This round is less dangerous for good teams than the previous one.

Michael Bradley was bad yesterday, though. I don't think it's all on him - Klinsmann doesn't seem to have much of an idea how to use him - but there were plenty of individual errors by Bradley as well. Two affected the scoresheet (losing out in a battle allowed Mexico to score their first, a decision to shoot instead of play in a wide open Wood could easily have allowed USA to tie late).

The US won't qualify if they play the same way. The truth is the US doesn't have the talent to be in the World Cup and they're at the bottom of the Hex in talent levels along with T&T. Since winning on the road isn't easy in the Hex not getting points at home would be fatal. The US is extremely lucky yesterday NOT to lose 5-0 because teams better than Mexico WILL hit those shots they missed.

11 hours ago, Mister215Guy said:

The US won't qualify if they play the same way. The truth is the US doesn't have the talent to be in the World Cup and they're at the bottom of the Hex in talent levels along with T&T. Since winning on the road isn't easy in the Hex not getting points at home would be fatal. The US is extremely lucky yesterday NOT to lose 5-0 because teams better than Mexico WILL hit those shots they missed.

Sorry man but give it a fucking rest. We get your disdain for the Americans and your enthusiasm for the CanMNT but come on, the constant shit talk is very tiresome.

19 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Sorry man but give it a fucking rest. We get your disdain for the Americans and your enthusiasm for the CanMNT but come on, the constant shit talk is very tiresome.

I actually think he may be a Mexican fan/troll lol. Not talented enough to qualify to the WC? They've qualified what 5 times straight? Made it past the WC group stage in 3 of those but not talented enough for the WC? The US blew out both Costa Rica and T&T in their last competitive matches they've played this year, both results were 4-0 in USA's favor. They'll qualify easily and it won't be some last second miracle like Mexico last WC qualifying. This guy acts like the U.S has to go out and face superior teams than Mexico after this one game.

Mexico's current team is better than the USA, but no other team in CONCACAF is really close. Mexico really had every possible thing in qualifying go wrong for them last time and still made it in. The thing with being a top team in CONCACAF is that the Hex gives you so many chances to make good if you screw up.

This is the first time the USA have trailed and gave up 4 goals in WCQ since Canada did it in the 60s according to BEIN sports. Something to be proud of eh boys?

• 4 months later...

I expect Honduras to park the bus and play for the tie and be opportunistic if they get the chance. They are in a good position to get the top 4 spots. If the US lose this one, their hope to go to Russia will have collapse.

3 hours ago, Ruffian said:

Does anybody know where the USA-Honduras game is being broadcast in Canada. Online it says on Bein Sports but when I look at the Canadian schedule it is not available. In Canada does someone else own the rights? Not on TSN or Sportsnet.

Was wondering this as well.  I would watch he hex games if they are on, but I haven't seen any listings.  Maybe streams...?

Archived