Canadians in MLS 2016 Season

Gian-Luca

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Osorio started for TFC and went 90.  Chapman and Morgan came on in the first half for injuries ar 23' and 41' respectively.  Ricketts came in at 81 and almost scored the winner right away.  He was absolutely  robbed on a stellar defensive effort that may or may not have gone in (couldn't tell, it was close either way)

Toronto had lots of chances but just couldn't bury it in a 1-1 disappointing draw.

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

Osorio started for TFC and went 90.  Chapman and Morgan came on in the first half for injuries ar 23' and 41' respectively.  Ricketts came in at 81 and almost scored the winner right away.  He was absolutely  robbed on a stellar defensive effort that may or may not have gone in (couldn't tell, it was close either way)

Speaking of that, doesn't MLS have goal line technology like the Prem and major FIFA/UEFA tournaments? 

39 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Wow, lol. You would think MLS of all leagues would have adopted this technology.

How many leagues have adopted this? They have to pay $260K for it to start plus $4K every game. The Bundesliga thinks it's too expansive. Only the major cashscow that is the Premier League is willing to pay for it. Plus, many clubs in MLS use multiple stadiums like Montreal and San Jose to name a few. You have to ask yourself on why MLS teams would need to spend at least $325,000 dollars for something like that. Plus, they have to pay FIFA in that. (Which is weird) Only FIFA, UEFA and the EPL have opted for that at tournaments they know they'll make money.

52 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

How many leagues have adopted this? They have to pay $260K for it to start plus $4K every game. The Bundesliga thinks it's too expansive. Only the major cashscow that is the Premier League is willing to pay for it. Plus, many clubs in MLS use multiple stadiums like Montreal and San Jose to name a few. You have to ask yourself on why MLS teams would need to spend at least $325,000 dollars for something like that. Plus, they have to pay FIFA in that. (Which is weird) Only FIFA, UEFA and the EPL have opted for that at tournaments they know they'll make money.

Serie A has it as well.

2 hours ago, Blackdude said:

I never knew the costs associated with this thing until your post. 

I meant to say of all leagues, MLS I thought would have adopted it first considering goal line tech is such an American thing to have. I was being facetious.

On 2016-08-14 at 0:15 PM, shermanator said:

Tyler Pasher and Amer Didic have been signed on short term loans for Sporting KC's CCL games. Have to think they are in the mix for a first team contract next year if they're being called up to the first team.

http://www.sportingkc.com/post/2016/08/14/sporting-kc-adds-amer-didic-and-tyler-pasher-swope-park-rangers-ahead-champions

Against T&T's Central FC, Pasher didn't leave the bench but Didic started in the back four and went the distance in a 2-2 draw on the road. Promising stuff for the 21 year old.

Johnson picked up an assist on the 3rd TFC goal. All the Canucks played fairly well.

Lefevre started but was subbed out in the 79th minute for Montreal - but it's nice to see he was subbed for Anthony Jackson-Hamel. Kyle Bekker also subbed in the 81st minute. Not a good result for Montreal though as they are down 3-0 at home to Chicago with a few minutes to go.

Larin has started for Orlando in Colorado

No Canucks featured for Montreal in a 1-1 draw with DC United (although Kofi Opare started & was sent off in the 89th minute for DC - mentioning this here should he ever qualify to play for Canada).

Two Canucks score in TFC's 2-1 win over Orlando, one for each team (Ricketts for TFC). Osorio was the only Canuck to go 90, Chapman started and was subbed at the half, Ricketts shortly afterwards and Johnson came on with about 15 minutes to go. Hamilton didn't leave the bench (nor did Roberts) and Morgan & Babouli weren't dressed, although one hopes with the way Lovitz played in this game that Morgan will at least take his spot on the bench next time round. Larin went the distance for Orlando.

Irwin is supposed to come back for the weekend apparently, so that will be that - Roberts will no doubt get sent back down to TFC II since they won't need to dress 3 keepers for any matches.

Ricketts scores in the 7th minute and Larin replies in the second half, as TFC beat Orlando 2-1 down in Florida.

Osorio played his usual 90, while Chapman was taken out at halftime. Johnson was a second half substitute, so he's working his way back to fitness, it seems. Hamilton and Roberts remained on the bench and Ricketts made way for Altidore.

4 Canucks start (Teibert, Aird, DeJong & Edgar) and 3 finish in our 0-0 draw with LA. Aird subbed at the 65 minute mark probably because he was on a yellow. Best I've seen us play in a while. Of the 4 I'd rate them all as very effective. MDJ was the best of the 4 as he was under constant attack but boy has he got rid of the rust. Damn near flawless defending plus adding offence. That bodes very well for our MNT.

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 10:44 PM, TRM said:

4 Canucks start (Teibert, Aird, DeJong & Edgar) and 3 finish in our 0-0 draw with LA. Aird subbed at the 65 minute mark probably because he was on a yellow. Best I've seen us play in a while. Of the 4 I'd rate them all as very effective. MDJ was the best of the 4 as he was under constant attack but boy has he got rid of the rust. Damn near flawless defending plus adding offence. That bodes very well for our MNT.

Didn't Aird play at RM?

12 hours ago, Obinna said:

How did he do? In the games I've seen him in midfield, he has done well.

Very good. It had me worried seeing 2 young rookies at RB & RM but Smith mostly stayed back and Aird did a lot of 2 way support. He made several low passes into the box but they were deflected by a defender or just too far for the forward to get to. Aird does seem much better at RM than RB.

For some strange reason LA was focused on attacking Marcel's side instead of trying to crack the 2 rookies. Weird decision on their part.

17 hours ago, TRM said:

Very good. It had me worried seeing 2 young rookies at RB & RM but Smith mostly stayed back and Aird did a lot of 2 way support. He made several low passes into the box but they were deflected by a defender or just too far for the forward to get to. Aird does seem much better at RM than RB.

For some strange reason LA was focused on attacking Marcel's side instead of trying to crack the 2 rookies. Weird decision on their part.

Agreed, I thought Aird was quite effective in that role. He's really direct, and he plays with pace and tenacity. He was dangerous going forward and responsible defensively.

Not that it's terribly important, but I don't think you can call either Aird or Smith rookies. They have ~200 professional games between them and have both represented their countries at senior level.

Archived