WCQ - El Salvador vs. Canada, 17th Nov. 2015 GAME Thread

canadianfoot

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ricketts as usual just isn't much of a footballer. Need someone who has a better touch, especially on a field like this.

De Jong is caught out of position quite a bit, partially because he likes to get forward but also because he seems to lack awareness at times.

Ouimett is a concern as well.

I know it's in ES, but I haven't seen a team as poor as them in a long time. We should win this.

it's actually the opposite I think. On horrible fields, guys with good touches don't prevail. You don't mind scrappy guys like Ricketts who are just going to run.

but with that being said Ricketts just isn't good and should not be anywhere close to a starter on this team. 

As a soccer player, akindele, must be freaking out in his mind that a guy like Ricketts starts over him.

This is so painful to watch. Playing against a bunch of amateurs and hardly any chances are being created. At Bayern Munich they have a 5 second rule which means that the ball has to be won back within 5 seconds after losing it. It takes Canada 2 minutes to win a ball back. Sitting so deep and no passion to win.

This is a must win game. 

Archived