WCQ - El Salvador vs. Canada, 17th Nov. 2015 GAME Thread

canadianfoot

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we can't win in El Sal vs El Sal then wnat is the point?  We will be eaten alive in Azteca.

the goal is to get points and win at home at all costs. As long as we win all our home games, we'll be in the drivers seat.  I can see it'll come down between us and Honduras.  As long as we keep the goal differential low, we can go into Tegucigalpa knowing we can get a result. 

Terrible performance leading to a disappointing result.

This was a must win game. You can't see Honduras dropping points here so a miracle is needed away to Honduras. We've seen how that went last time round.

A win today would've put all the pressure on Hoduras getting 2 wins against El Salvador and Canada 2 free shots on getting a point against Mexico which also would've seen Canada through to the Hex.

Even a point vs Mexico wouldn't matter know because of these 2 dropped points. Even after 2 games you can already concluded the deciding game will be Honduras away...sigh...

I know some will say that is a good point, and in isolation, I might agree. But looking at what we need to get out of the group, other than at home to ES, where do our points come from? 7 points (assuming a win at home against ES) probably leaves us 4 short with games away to Honduras and Mexico, and Mexico at home. We will have to win one of those and that is extremely unlikely.  

Archived