WCQ - El Salvador vs. Canada, 17th Nov. 2015 GAME Thread

canadianfoot

Ouimette and de Jong were both naive defensively to give El Salvador their chance, though their striker also looked offside.

Nice chance for Johnson but he and de Guzman need to find a way to make themselves more useful going forward.

Hard when every time Johnson gets the ball he turns backwards and lets ES settle back before he passes off. No awareness whatsoever.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

De Jong got beat for the breakaway in the same way he did against Ghana for their goal. That's why he doesn't play at all anymore for SKC.

Definitely our weak link on the back end.. even against Jamaica in September last year he was beat on his side more times than I could count.

Ricketts as usual just isn't much of a footballer. Need someone who has a better touch, especially on a field like this.

De Jong is caught out of position quite a bit, partially because he likes to get forward but also because he seems to lack awareness at times.

Ouimett is a concern as well.

I know it's in ES, but I haven't seen a team as poor as them in a long time. We should win this.

If this is still a draw at the 70th minute, we need to bring on some attacking players and go for it. For once let's play to win and move on, rather than playing to not lose like we always do.

i dont know about that. A loss would be catosptrophic. A draw and we're still very much alive

While I don't think that was the best first half by any stretch, I like the way the game is starting to look. El Salvador certainly did more running in that first half and may run out of gas first. I think Canada is beginning to recognize that Larin can feast on hold up play and in the box against these much smaller defenders, compared to vs Honduras where he that part of his game was shut down.

Ouimette and de Jong need to sharpen up defensively and Johnson needs to wake up a bit too.

If this is still a draw at the 70th minute, we need to bring on some attacking players and go for it. For once let's play to win and move on, rather than playing to not lose like we always do.

we usually lose in central america. so a tie is the first step to recovery.

Archived