Canada vs Puerto Rico

TFC07

$$$$$ and low viewership. 

TV company is a business in it to make money. Canadian nat team friendlies against a team ranked 160 in the world away from home are a money loser. 

And with CBC cuts coming left right and centre, no way a publicly funded corporation like that picks it up. 

Youtube stream is better than some grainy non english illegal stream. 

I'm referring to CSA coverage.  Their own coverage is all on them (the CSA).

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm referring to CSA coverage.  Their own coverage is all on them (the CSA).

I kind of agree. I mean it's possible, if they had the money, to put together a TV broadcast themselves and sell to Canadian media providers but that's unlikely. They could also put together a somewhat better than current web broadcast and post online for free or for a fee. The fact that they continue to rely on stadium provided wifi shows that they don't have the budget to even procur they're own telecommunications link. I mean theoretically they could have 2 or 3 camera guys, one producer, a broadcast rig and satelitte connection anywhere, for a price.

Me thinks it has to do with friendly vs wcq vs gold cup. The ladder will get better coverage.

The CSA has had some pretty great media people in the past, like Max Bell, who would produce content for all games. I wonder if those resources have been allocated elsewhere with the upcoming WWC.

The CSA is ready to film every single game exactly like the Day filming for Guatemala, from the centre line, single camera.

With sound, which really intimidated me when we played Mauritania as I was right beside the camera and was too shy to have my off-colour chants heard for internal CSA posterity.

So, if there is no tv coverage, the CSA films. Always. All they have to do is link it as they did last game.

Not so bad our last 8 games!! 

4 ties, 2 wins and 2 losses and all versus decent opponents some more than others naturally!

May 23, 2014 Friendly Ritzing, Austria  Bulgaria 1–1 Hutchinson 13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png 27' (pen.)

May 27, 2014 Friendly Mauer, Austria  Moldova 1–1 Ricketts 13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png 8'

September 9, 2014 Friendly Toronto, Canada  Jamaica 3–1 Edgar 13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png 31'de Jong 13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png 68'Ricketts 13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png 72'

October 14, 2014 Friendly Harrison, United States  Colombia 0–1  

November 18, 2014 Friendly Panama City, Panama  Panama 0–0   [hide]

January 16, 2015 Friendly Orlando, United States  Iceland 1–2 De Rosario 13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png 70'

January 19, 2015 Friendly Orlando, United States  Iceland 1–1 De Rosario 13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png 30' (pen.)

March 27, 2015 Friendly Fort Lauderdale, United States  Guatemala 1–0 Haber 13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png 10'

Archived