Canada vs Puerto Rico

TFC07

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Here's the roster they have listed on Wikipedia from September when they tied curaçao and Grenada 2-2 and lost to French Guiana 2-1.

GK Eric Reyes 13 March 1992 (age 23) 12 0 Unattached

GK Luis Fiol 0 0 Criollos de Caguas FC

DF Joel Rivera 3 0 Unattached

DF Juan Velez 3 0 Criollos de Caguas FC

DF Joan Morales 3 0 Criollos de Caguas FC

DF Gustavo Rivera 4 June 1993 (age 21) 4 0 Barry University

DF Carlos Rosario 30 January 1994 (age 21) 5 0 Bayamón FC

DF Sean Sweeney 0 0 Fort Pitt FC Regiment

DF Steven Estrada 17 August 1987 (age 27) 5 0 Unattached

MF Emmanuel D'Andrea 20 January 1995 (age 20) 6 0 Sevilla FC C

MF Álvaro Betancourt 8 February 1994 (age 21) 7 0 Bayamón FC

MF Andrés Pérez 5 October 1988 (age 26) 13 0 Plantation Eagles FC

MF Eduardo Jimenez 0 0 Unattached

MF Juan Coca 31 May 1993 (age 21) 7 0 Kultsu FC

MF Michael Fernandez 0 0 Criollos de Caguas FC

MF Andrés Cabrero 4 January 1989 (age 26) 20 5 Criollos de Caguas FC

MF Samuel Soto 11 August 1992 (age 22) 11 0 Bayamón FC

MF Alex Oikkonen 15 October 1994 (age 20) 7 2 Kultsu FC

FW Héctor Ramos 4 May 1990 (age 24) 24 13 A.D. Isidro Metapán

FW Joseph Marrero 9 April 1993 (age 21) 15 7 Criollos de Caguas FC

Here's the roster they have listed on Wikipedia from September when they tied curaçao and Grenada 2-2 and lost to French Guiana 2-1.

GK Eric Reyes 13 March 1992 (age 23) 12 0 Unattached

GK Luis Fiol 0 0 Criollos de Caguas FC

DF Joel Rivera 3 0 Unattached

DF Juan Velez 3 0 Criollos de Caguas FC

DF Joan Morales 3 0 Criollos de Caguas FC

DF Gustavo Rivera 4 June 1993 (age 21) 4 0 Barry University

DF Carlos Rosario 30 January 1994 (age 21) 5 0 Bayamón FC

DF Sean Sweeney 0 0 Fort Pitt FC Regiment

DF Steven Estrada 17 August 1987 (age 27) 5 0 Unattached

MF Emmanuel D'Andrea 20 January 1995 (age 20) 6 0 Sevilla FC C

MF Álvaro Betancourt 8 February 1994 (age 21) 7 0 Bayamón FC

MF Andrés Pérez 5 October 1988 (age 26) 13 0 Plantation Eagles FC

MF Eduardo Jimenez 0 0 Unattached

MF Juan Coca 31 May 1993 (age 21) 7 0 Kultsu FC

MF Michael Fernandez 0 0 Criollos de Caguas FC

MF Andrés Cabrero 4 January 1989 (age 26) 20 5 Criollos de Caguas FC

MF Samuel Soto 11 August 1992 (age 22) 11 0 Bayamón FC

MF Alex Oikkonen 15 October 1994 (age 20) 7 2 Kultsu FC

FW Héctor Ramos 4 May 1990 (age 24) 24 13 A.D. Isidro Metapán

FW Joseph Marrero 9 April 1993 (age 21) 15 7 Criollos de Caguas FC

Very young squad.   

Disappointed to see Unattached FC is allowing so many Puerto Ricans on the team. Taking away from the Canadian content that has made them so successful for so long. Now with Julian De Guzman being transferred to Ottawa Fury Unattached FC is losing its Canadian identity. 

We really need to get a quota in place, it's getting sad.

That Hector Ramos doesn't look half bad if his wikipedia stats can be believed.

Will this game be broadcast on any of the 47 Sportsnet channels? As rights holder to Canada Mens Soccer, they have the broadcast rights.

I fear we will see Volvo Ocean race instead or a 6th repeat of Dutch v Turkey playing again instead of our national team being shown on the many Sportsnet platforms.

Jason Devos wrote about apathy recently within Canada for soccer.

The victory v Guatemal

was only referenced by the Tor Sun paper and Sportnet.ca website. it was ignored -highlights or even a reference to the result by both TSN and Sportsnet. = self fulfilling prophecy

Will this game be broadcast on any of the 47 Sportsnet channels? As rights holder to Canada Mens Soccer, they have the broadcast rights.

I fear we will see Volvo Ocean race instead or a 6th repeat of Dutch v Turkey playing again instead of our national team being shown on the many Sportsnet platforms.

The victory v Guatemala was only referenced by Toronto Sun paper and Sportnet.ca website.

It was ignored -highlights or even a reference to the result by both TSN and Sportsnet. = self fulfilling prophecy

The problem is that there is no money in broadcasting MNT games. The size of the audience is very, very small. We looked at it on this forum a couple years ago and it was something like 150-200K people watched a men's WCQ game and 1M people watched a Jays midseason game the same night. So if Sportsnet has to put any money into they won't do it. If there's already coverage from another entity they'll buy it and have GD and CF do the broadcast from a studio in Toronto.

The victory v Guatemal

was only referenced by the Tor Sun paper and Sportnet.ca website. it was ignored -highlights or even a reference to the result by both TSN and Sportsnet. = self fulfilling prophecy

Well, although I don't generally disagree with your argument, TSN did have a story about the game on their website:  http://www.tsn.ca/haber-lifts-canada-over-guatemala-in-friendly-1.242176

I know, I know, it's VERY brief.  Just trying to be fair ...

Puerto Rico squad named as Joan Morales, Michael Fernández, Andrés Cabrero, Joseph Marrero, Javier Lalondriz, Pedro Rosado, José Pérez, Félix Y. Dawson, Christian Cantero, Lemuel Sálamo, Alexis Rivera, José G. Arroyo, Alberto Montesinos, Jayson Concepción, Juan Coca, Alex Oikonnen, Andrés Pérez, Héctor Ramos, Deniz Bozkurt and Matthew Sánchez.

http://www.fedefutbolpr.com/armada-la-seleccion-nacional-para-el-desquite-ante-canada/

To clarify my note - would never expect that games like these two upcoming be broadcast by Sportsnet - the cost to produce the broadcast would it make sense to be sure.

In the past, Sportsnet would take a broadcast of a host country and use it.

My main point is the general apathy toward the results being reported on the national sports networks - nothing on the tickers on screens that run with the scores, nothing like "and in other soccer news today, Canada beat....in a friendly" type of reporting leads to the lack of awareness outside of the core group like us. There was no mentions of the result on TSN or Sportsnet highlight shows.

And in the newspapers around where I live - no reports in Star, Globe or Post.

It was reported in the Sun and on the web platforms of Tsn and Sportsnet to be fair.

I did see it on the sportsnet ticker very shortly after the game ended. But yes, they showed several euro highlights, including the Russia game that was abandoned and not Canada. This problem has been going on forever though, it won't change until were in the World Cup.

I just don't get it.  We love sports in this country, we love soccer in this country... would it not peak your curiosity if you were flipping channels and saw our national soccer team?  Even 15 years ago before I was a real footy fan I would most definitely have put on Canada... even as a youth first being introduced to the game on FIFA 98 I was playing as Canada. 

Seems we are getting another Youtube livestream for today's match.

Says who?  Great job by Gavin Day on the Guatemala game but honestly how do we not have ANY coverage outside of that?  Pathetic, I bet Bermuda gets more coverage.

Says who?  Great job by Gavin Day on the Guatemala game but honestly how do we not have ANY coverage outside of that?  Pathetic, I bet Bermuda gets more coverage.

$$$$$ and low viewership. 

TV company is a business in it to make money. Canadian nat team friendlies against a team ranked 160 in the world away from home are a money loser. 

And with CBC cuts coming left right and centre, no way a publicly funded corporation like that picks it up. 

Youtube stream is better than some grainy non english illegal stream. 

User Actions

We’re tempting fate once again! Relying on stadium wifi, today’s #canMNT v. Puerto Rico will be streamed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00lyjtefayg 

Tests have been good so we’re hopeful there will be no hiccups. All going to plan, @gavinlday will have the call. 19.30 ET / 16.30 PT.

Archived