Whitecaps II

tmcmurph

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know what Vancouver is doing. Tornaghi loaned instead of Carducci, and no Bustos loan either. Bustos needs to play, and so does Carducci. Also if Tornaghi is the starter for WC2 he is taking minutes away from a Canadian. I don't get this at all.

Edit: According to some, Tornaghi is a one game thing, which I still don't get because I'd rather see one of the younger Whitecaps play. Apparently Carducci is injured. I am assuming Bustos is also injured, otherwise no reason for him not to play with WC2.

How can you not get it? The Whitecaps are playing their reserves on their reserve team. As it should be. Mix youth with first team players. If other teams want to take a different approach, that is their prerogative. 

MATCH DETAILS

Match Stats
Shots: Austin 16 – Vancouver 6
Saves: Austin 1 – Vancouver 4
Fouls: Austin 14 – Vancouver 11
Offsides: Austin 1 – Vancouver 4
Corners: Austin 6 – Vancouver 1

Scoring Summary
12' – VAN – Caleb Clarke (Tyler Rosenlund)
77' – VAN – Craig Nitti
90' – VAN – Billy Schuler (Chris Serban)

Cautions
9' – ATX - Tony Rocha
10' – VAN - Tyler Rosenlund
57' – ATX - Kris Tyrpak
53' – ATX - Lance Rozeboom
76' – ATX - Guaraci

Austin Aztex
1.Devin Perales; 17.Brendan King (19.Max Gunderson 66'), 6.Kyle Hoffer, 24.Kalen Ryden, 3.Mikey Ambrose; 25.Lance Rozeboom (8.Andres Cuero 66'), 16.Tony Rocha, 23.Guaraci; 18.Kris Tyrpak (10.Mozzi Gyorio 79’), 20.Sainey Touray, 21.Trevin Caesar

Whitecaps FC 2
39.Spencer Richey; 27.Ethen Sampson, 41.Jackson Farmer, 54.Craig Nitti, 42.Jordan Haynes; 45.Tyler Rosenlund, 30.Ben McKendry (46.Brett Levis 89’), 37.Mitch Piraux; 50.Sahil Sandhu (55.Chris Serban 79’), 34.Caleb Clarke (51.Billy Schuler 80’), 49.Mackenzie Pridham (47.Jovan Blagojevic 70)

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2015/04/whitecaps-fc-2-defeat-austin-aztex-3-0-road-first-win-team-history

• 2 weeks later...

How did you come up with that? I only count 2,112 (71%). The non-Canadians that I have are: Paolo Tornaghi, Ethen Sampson, Tim Parker, Ian Christianson, Victor Blasco, Craig Nitti, Billy Schuler and Christian Dean. Are any of those actually eligible for Canada?

How did you come up with that? I only count 2,112 (71%). The non-Canadians that I have are: Paolo Tornaghi, Ethen Sampson, Tim Parker, Ian Christianson, Victor Blasco, Craig Nitti, Billy Schuler and Christian Dean. Are any of those actually eligible for Canada?

Also Spencer Richey is American and has represented the US with their U17s

So here are the minutes off of the USL website:

http://www.uslsoccer.com//ViewContent.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32800&CONTENT_ID=1213678

CAN - McKendry, Farmer, Rosenlund, Serban, Haynes, Froese, Blagojevic, Clarke, Piraux, Sandhu, Levis, Pridham, Carducci - Total minutes: 2037

NON CAN - Parker, Sampson, Blasco, Christianson, Dean, Richey, Nitti, Schuler, Tornaghi - Total minutes: 1008 (Richey is listed in both the players and keepers section)

So, by my math, we're looking at 66.9%

Lost to Sacramento 2 nil. We have some real good dribblers but not putting it together on the passing front. You could see why the Republic were champs last year. Nice stadium, just under 10k fans, good possession based team.

Next up TFC 2.  

• 2 weeks later...

VWFC 2 and Sounders 2 drew 1-1 before about 2000 people at UBC:

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/wfc2/2015/04/earnshaw-scores-1-1-draw-wfc2-s2

Lots of Canadians with minutes for Caps and Frano played 90 for Seattle. Hopefully Massimo or somebody who might have been at the match can tell us what they think of Frano.

Sorry. Only caught the last 30 minutes of this one via the stream.

VWFC 2 lost 2-1 to Galaxy 2.  Schuler scored for Vancouver.

Starting eleven:

Vancouver Whitecaps         @WhitecapsFC

#WFC2 Starting XI 39.Richey 55.Serban 41.Farmer 54.Nitti 42.Haynes 37.Piraux 45.Rosenlund 30.McKendry 51.Schuler 34.Clarke 46.Levis

Not a lot of MLS loan players because they will be playing in Edmonton on Wednesday. Says a lot about where Caleb Clarke is on the depth chart though.

Caleb is not being served well on this squad. The team plays very defensively and the midfield seems to get overrun every game and he has to feed on scraps. He has some quality but he's also not a superior talent who is going to create a lot on his own. He did get an assist today. Two goals and at least two assists on the season is actually not bad on this team.

8 goals in 26 games plus injury to end his previous season in Germany. In 7 games he's got 402 minutes. His percentages are good though. Six shots and 2 goals is a nice average. Now if he can get more shots can he keep that percentage up? First he needs to get the ball more in areas where he can take a shot. 

The team has only taken 60 shots vs the opponents 116 so the team just isn't generating much offence so far. As a result we have 6 goals for and 12 against. Like DN said the midfield needs to improve and get him the ball. 

Archived