Whitecaps II

tmcmurph

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or maybe they feel that if he does really well they might give him a look at the first team.  Has been a stalwart for the Rhinos over many seasons now, and it wouldn't be his first MLS minutes either.  He has had his critics too, but as a Voyageur I'll not focus on those, or even bring them to easy light by linking them, but the articles are easily found for those interested.

I know what you are saying.  As has been pointed out by many over the years, though, if those young men are good enough to play for the Caps, they will earn their spot...no sense rushing it.  

Myself, I'm very hopeful that the Caps give a few more Canadians chances this year to prove themselves though.  

Per twitter signed 28 year old Canadian Tyler Rosenlund. I guess its good to have veteran leadership but I can't help but think this spot would be more useful to develop a young player.  

Always good to have a few around who've "been there, done that and got the T-shirt". At 28 not that old either. 

Always good to have a few around who've "been there, done that and got the T-shirt". At 28 not that old either. 

I agree. You need older players for balance in the team, otherwise who's going to teach the youngsters the pro-game, like killing a game when your leading or what you need to do off the field to be good pro. There's not too many experienced Canadian players around so I really like this move. And no, I don't see him climbing the ladder to MNT level, but that's no the point.

• 3 weeks later...

3 more signed. Of interest for this board is Mackenzie Pridham. Born in Toronto, Ontario, Pridham has represented Canada at the U-17 and U-20 national team levels, including playing at the 2007 Chivas Cup in Guadalajara, Mexico.

Drafted 58th in the 2014 MLS Superdraft but not signed and played in NASL/USL last year.

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/wfc2/2015/03/wfc2-add-three-mls-superdraft-picks-usl-roster

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna repost this in this thread as it's more relevant here:

The wildcard for WC2 is where you expect to see all the current bench and bubble players get a proper, regular runout? It's nice to look at all those Canadian names and dream but where do the following non-Canadians get to play extended blocks of time: Sampson, Deybi, Mattocks, Tornaghi, Dean, Hurtado, Lewis, Parker? You can add the two guys mentioned above to the list.

Gonna repost this in this thread as it's more relevant here:

The wildcard for WC2 is where you expect to see all the current bench and bubble players get a proper, regular runout? It's nice to look at all those Canadian names and dream but where do the following non-Canadians get to play extended blocks of time: Sampson, Deybi, Mattocks, Tornaghi, Dean, Hurtado, Lewis, Parker? You can add the two guys mentioned above to the list.

This week is a perfect example...there are always injuries, suspensions, international call ups, etc. that are going to provide opportunities. Both the MLS and USL sides don't have a lot of options this weekend.

This week is a perfect example...there are always injuries, suspensions, international call ups, etc. that are going to provide opportunities. Both the MLS and USL sides don't have a lot of options this weekend.

Also you can expect a lot more rotation in WC2. The staff need to see the players in game situations so 6 Canadians on the field minimum means you have 5 spots to play around with for everyone else. 

Don't know what Vancouver is doing. Tornaghi loaned instead of Carducci, and no Bustos loan either. Bustos needs to play, and so does Carducci. Also if Tornaghi is the starter for WC2 he is taking minutes away from a Canadian. I don't get this at all.

Edit: According to some, Tornaghi is a one game thing, which I still don't get because I'd rather see one of the younger Whitecaps play. Apparently Carducci is injured. I am assuming Bustos is also injured, otherwise no reason for him not to play with WC2.

4-0 final

Whitecaps FC 2
70.Paolo Tornaghi; 27.Ethen Sampson, 26.Tim Parker, 41.Jackson Farmer, 55.Chris Serban; 30.Ben McKendry (56.Ian Christianson 46'), 37.Mitch Piraux; 48.Victor Blasco (50.Sahil Sandhu 46'), 45.Tyler Rosenlund, 46.Brett Levis (47.Jovan Blagojevic 73'); 34.Caleb Clarke (49.Mackenzie Pridham 73')

Substitutes:
39.Spencer Richey, 42.Jordan Haynes, 54.Craig Nitti,

Both Marco's are out injured. Bad play by WC2. S2 was doing some basic high pressure tactics and none of our defenders or mids could pass their way out of it. Long ball turnovers to relieve pressure, constant turnovers, poor clearances, poor marking in our third. Not a good outing for our guys. I hope they get their act together.

Saw some nice dribbles and runs with the ball but the passing basics were shut off by Seattle's pressure high up the field. They need to deal with that a lot better next time they face it.

Archived