2015 Pan Am Games

masster

Good team.  Nice to see some of the players on the fringes of a MNT call-up get a run out.  Also good there is an emphasis on North American based players as some of the others will likely be unavailable for Oly Qualifying.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice to see aleman there and not completely out of the picture

No quinlan roberts or marco carducci or fraser aird.

Since the actualy olympic qualifying tournament is on FIFA dates where our MNT isn't playing i expect a top notch squad with the likes of piette, henry, larin, aird, petrasso, adegkube, hamilton and the other full MNT members. as well as the top players from this team

Clarke

Fisk   Boakai    Aleman  Babouli

Manella

Black James Farmer Grant

Crepeau

Something like this? That midfield might be too offensively focused but was wanting to find a way to get the best guys on the pitch at the same time. Didn't JGL play some LB with the senior team? That might be an option too since they are kind of thin at the back. 

coaching staff

Antonio Floro | Head Coach | Silla, ESP
Francisco Javier Perez | Coach | Barcelona, ESP
Carmine Isacco | Coach | Vaughan, ON
Nuno Santos | Goalkeeper Coach | Setubal, POR
Jules Alie | Team Manager | Ottawa, ON
Carlo Bertelli | Equipment Manager | Burnaby, BC
Sebastian Buitrago | Athletic Therapist | Mississauga, ON
Claudio Castro | Video Coordinator | Toronto, ON

Clarke

Fisk   Boakai    Aleman  Babouli

Manella

Black James Farmer Grant

Crepeau

Something like this? That midfield might be too offensively focused but was wanting to find a way to get the best guys on the pitch at the same time. Didn't JGL play some LB with the senior team? That might be an option too since they are kind of thin at the back. 

That's pretty good.  I might take Babouli out, move Boakai to the wing and put JGL either in the middle or as DM and move Manella up.

That's pretty good.  I might take Babouli out, move Boakai to the wing and put JGL either in the middle or as DM and move Manella up.

Hmmm that's probably a good idea and would balance it out a bit. Some solid attacking options all getting pro minutes though. 

Me too.  However it could be a tough ask for the ones that are in Europe (Gasparotto, Petrasso, Henry) as their clubs probably won't care too much about Olympic Qualifiers and won't want them to travel.

The final group match and knockout games all fall under the FIFA calendar. I dont think the clubs would have a choice if we called them up for those games. They could refuse the first 2 group games, thats it.

Notable omissions? Bustos? Carducci/ Roberts as mentioned earlier, Serban looked good in the U20's and would have provided some FB depth. The guys on the Gold Cup as mentioned but that makes more sense. Others?

Just remembered Roberts is on the 35 man gold cup roster. So seeing as there are no overlaps, thats why he was omitted.

Carducci maybe they thought Gomes/ Crepeau were better. Carducci only shared starting duties with the U20s.

Not sure why Bustos isn't here as he isn't on Gold Cup roster either.

Are Black and Cosima playing in the USL or in the NCAA? I've seen conflicting club statuses for them.

Just remembered Roberts is on the 35 man gold cup roster. So seeing as there are no overlaps, thats why he was omitted.

Carducci maybe they thought Gomes/ Crepeau were better. Carducci only shared starting duties with the U20s.

Not sure why Bustos isn't here as he isn't on Gold Cup roster either.

Are Black and Cosima playing in the USL or in the NCAA? I've seen conflicting club statuses for them.

Comsia is going to UNC-Chapel Hill in the fall. and Kevon Black is at Duke, but he's playing outside of the season, hence the TFC II listing. (Although I don't remember anything about him playing for them, unless he's playing PDL). I just stick with their college teams.

What is the max roster size for the Pan Am games? I see there are 18 players listed here. Is it 18 or is it 23? If it is 23 then maybe some of the Gold cup roster guys get added later?

max roster size is 18 for pan ams. This is the final roster.

The final group match and knockout games all fall under the FIFA calendar. I dont think the clubs would have a choice if we called them up for those games. They could refuse the first 2 group games, thats it.

However, they can also make it very clear to the players that they would be very unhappy if they accepted the call.  That kind of pressure can be pretty significant, especially if the player is playing regularly with the first team.

As for omissions, I keep waiting to see Richie Laryea's name.  I think he's a gamer.  Not sure why he doesn't appear on more of these rosters.

However, they can also make it very clear to the players that they would be very unhappy if they accepted the call. That kind of pressure can be pretty significant, especially if the player is playing regularly with the first team.

As for omissions, I keep waiting to see Richie Laryea's name. I think he's a gamer. Not sure why he doesn't appear on more of these rosters.

Laryea is a straight up baller and has just as much pro potential as any player on this roster IMHO. Don't know why he doesn't get more love from the CSA.

Surprised no Tyler Pasher call up. This would have been a good opportunity, considering he was at a CMNT camp this year.

Our u20 team wasn't good in Concacaf qualifying, but JGL was absolutely putrid. I hope his form has recovered somewhat.

Our u20 team wasn't good in Concacaf qualifying, but JGL was absolutely putrid. I hope his form has recovered somewhat.

True.  Also Larin was no great shakes either and he seems to have rebounded.  I prefer to just delete the last U20 qualifying cycle from my memory.

However, they can also make it very clear to the players that they would be very unhappy if they accepted the call.  That kind of pressure can be pretty significant, especially if the player is playing regularly with the first team.

As for omissions, I keep waiting to see Richie Laryea's name.  I think he's a gamer.  Not sure why he doesn't appear on more of these rosters.

Well ya, but then you can say a team could do that to our players being called up anytime to any friendly, wcq, olympics etc etc. If its a FIFA mandated break and official OQ it's tough for a club to be angry about a player going. If they get mad at the player then the club he is at doesn't have the best relationships with its players.

Floro has made it clear he wants fair treatment from clubs just like mexico and the US get. He's been keeping some players off friendly rosters so they are available when it counts.

This roster is surprising in many ways but in good ways.  It's amazing that we could probably put out 4 solid U23 XIs with this generation.

It seems this roster is a bit of a try out for Olympic Qualifiers as well.  A lot of names that I wouldn't have thought of but it's nice to see us spread the net to give tons of youngsters a chance at the youth level and reduce players that slip through.  

Richie Layrea definitely needs a look, I'm surprised to see him omitted but as I said there are just so many players at this level.  Aparicio, Alderson, Carreiro... 

In just 4 years our player pool at this age group seems to have quadrupled... 

True.  Also Larin was no great shakes either and he seems to have rebounded.  I prefer to just delete the last U20 qualifying cycle from my memory.

So apparently Lacuna, Inc. didn't open up a Canadian HQ on October 17, 2012...

Archived