2015 Pan Am Games

masster

The Omission List:

GK: Marco Carducci (Vancouver Whitecaps FC)

GK: Greg Ranjitsingh (Louisville City FC)

DF: Allan Zebie (FC Edmonton)

DF: Skylar Thomas (Toronto FC II)

DF: Chris Serban (Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2)

DF: Mark-Anthony Kaye (Toronto FC II)

DF: Tyler Pasher (Pittsburgh Riverhounds)

MF: Guiliano Frano (Seattle Sounders FC 2)

MF: Marcos Bustos (Vancouver Whitecaps FC)

MF: Richie Laryea (Akron University/ Sigma FC)

MF: Dylan Carreiro ( Dundee United)

MF: Allessandro Riggi (FC Montreal)

MF: Mauro Eustaquio ( Ottawa Fury FC)

MF: Brett Levis (Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2)

FW: Brody Huitema (Duke University)

FW: Callum Ferguson (Inverness Caledonia Thistle)

FW: Victory N'Diaye (FC Montreal)

FW: Anthony Jackson-Hamel (Montreal Impact)

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed on Aleman

Says a lot that he hasn't turned his nose up the thought of playing for the B team. Reassuring to say the least.

This. 

Aleman could've easily said "I was on the Gold Cup Team 2 years ago, now im getting first team minutes in central America and they want me to play for the U22 team instead?"

Good on him for accepting the call. It seems as if he is committed to the program. He probably also wants to be a lock for the Olympic qualifying tournament and accepting this call up puts him in Floro's good books. 

I don't understand "omitting", it looks like they were simply passed over. And that's a good thing, there is actually something to pick instead of just assembling the available pro's in a team. 

Omission is when someone or something is left out or excluded in a list, team, report or whatever...

I was simply creating that list to describe some players that have an argument to atleast be on that team, and to my surprise was missing out on a few big players in Daniel Stanese who was just recently called up to the MNT earlier this year. Jay Chapman, and Ben McKendry are another strong two who could throw there hat in there, especially when Aparico is getting the call up.

Can this team get players that will be cut from the 35 men Gold Cup roster? I mean there's  couple of u23 players in that selection as well. And doesn't Canada use it's three exemption spots? I'm sure the other teams will...

This is the final team. 

3 exemption spots is for the olympics, not the pan ams. 

Im sure some of those players on the gold cup roster who are eligible will be on the U23 olympic qualifying team in october. 

This is the final team. 

3 exemption spots is for the olympics, not the pan ams. 

Im sure some of those players on the gold cup roster who are eligible will be on the U23 olympic qualifying team in october. 

Ah of course. I'm counting 9 players that would be eligible on the current roster.

Don't know if this has been posted yet but Brazil released their Pan-Am squad about a week or so ago:

http://selecao.cbf.com.br/noticias/selecao-base-masculina/selecao-brasileira-esta-convocada-para-o-pan#.VYjas-ccsmZ

Not too familiar with the Brazilian youth system (they did reach the finals of the U-20 World Cup in NZ for what its worth). Any players to keep an eye on?

Archived