2015 Pan Am Games

masster

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems kind of a waste to not wait until the Gold Cup roster announcement to make this roster announcement no?

I mean, they could have had Adekugbe, Froese, Gasparatto, and Petrasso too. 

No, I don't think so.  Those players can all still be brought to the Gold Cup as replacements still and I don't think they ever intended on having them on the Pan Am team.  The Pan Am team is a mix of Canada "B" youth players or guys who couldn't get a look by our program otherwise.  Seems like they're really getting a good idea of the team for the fall.

No, I don't think so.  Those players can all still be brought to the Gold Cup as replacements still and I don't think they ever intended on having them on the Pan Am team.  The Pan Am team is a mix of Canada "B" youth players or guys who couldn't get a look by our program otherwise.  Seems like they're really getting a good idea of the team for the fall.

Not neccisarily. A guy like James has already started for our full MNT. A guy like Aleman has been part of a gold cup squad. Some of these players will indeed form part of our u23 olympic qualifying team in October.

http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/5692367-pan-am-soccer-ticket-sales-kick-into-high-gear-as-games-near/

125 000 of 350 000 avail tix sold for soccer.

Mens final sold out.

Opening mens game vs brazil 70% sold trending towards a sell out.

Other games should be plenty of room, but not finals and opener.

Stadium capcity is 24 000 total. 22 500 without suites and standing room. Only 19 000 tix are on sale to the public per match as 3500 seats are set aside for "games family". (Sponsors, athletes, media etc)

Ps: 650 000 of 1.4 million tix sold for entire pan am and parapan am games. (Soccer represents biggest chunk)

Gang, ticket sales look pretty week. I recommend if you're interested in meeting up, buying a single ticket and we'll all just find a empty section to stand at the back of and sing. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

Thoughts?

It's looking like some of the corners are decently empty.  I got my tix for the first women's and men's games but after that, did we want to maybe buy tickets in a corner?

The Omission List:

GK: Marco Carducci (Vancouver Whitecaps FC)

GK: Greg Ranjitsingh (Louisville City FC)

DF: Allan Zebie (FC Edmonton)

DF: Skylar Thomas (Toronto FC II)

DF: Chris Serban (Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2)

DF: Mark-Anthony Kaye (Toronto FC II)

DF: Tyler Pasher (Pittsburgh Riverhounds)

MF: Guiliano Frano (Seattle Sounders FC 2)

MF: Marcos Bustos (Vancouver Whitecaps FC)

MF: Richie Laryea (Akron University/ Sigma FC)

MF: Dylan Carreiro ( Dundee United)

MF: Allessandro Riggi (FC Montreal)

MF: Mauro Eustaquio ( Ottawa Fury FC)

MF: Brett Levis (Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2)

FW: Brody Huitema (Duke University)

FW: Callum Ferguson (Inverness Caledonia Thistle)

FW: Victory N'Diaye (FC Montreal)

FW: Anthony Jackson-Hamel (Montreal Impact)

Bryce Alderson

Took a breeze through the ticket sales, the mens sales have move faster than the womens and the first Canada mens game nearly all tickets are gone.

For the women there are still large gaps where we can get people together for a make shift supporters section where the mens it will be a little tougher pending the game.

I vote all those coming down for the first womens game on the 11th you grab a ticket in section 108 and we can all meet up and have our voices heard. I'll be buying my ticket there along with a few other Hamilton Vs.

Took a breeze through the ticket sales, the mens sales have move faster than the womens and the first Canada mens game nearly all tickets are gone.

For the women there are still large gaps where we can get people together for a make shift supporters section where the mens it will be a little tougher pending the game.

I vote all those coming down for the first womens game on the 11th you grab a ticket in section 108 and we can all meet up and have our voices heard. I'll be buying my ticket there along with a few other Hamilton Vs.

Do we want to say generically at this point, 108 is going to be the defacto section for the rest of the games?

ALSO CANADA DAY TICKET DEAL!

http://www.toronto2015.org/tickets

Get 25% off all available tickets to the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games.

Promo Code CIBCPANAM.

Hurry, the offer starts Jul 1 at 10AM ET and ends July 2 at 9PM ET.

108 has seats for the other two mens games so I'll be in that section for all the Mens games (feel free to join). The womens tickets seem to be selling well and there isn't any consistent section we can sit in. I'm going to buy single tickets for the womens games and if others come we can try and find space and sit together.

John Molinaro

38m
Watch Pan Am soccer live on @Sportsnet (every Canada game both men & women, entire knockout round): bit.ly/1Hbb9TP @CanadaSoccerEN
View summary ·

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/soccer-pan-am-games-canada-men-and-women-hamilton/

GROUP STAGE

• July 11 — Costa Rica vs. Brazil, women’s game (5:45 pm/Sportsnet ONE)

• July 11 — CANADA vs. Ecuador, women’s game (8:30 pm/Sportsnet)

• July 12 — Panama vs. Peru, men’s game (5:15 pm/Sportsnet ONE)

• July 12 — CANADA vs. Brazil, men’s game (8:00 pm/Sportsnet)

• July 15 — Brazil vs. Ecuador, women’s game (5:15 pm/Sportsnet ONE)

• July 15 — Costa Rica vs. CANADA, women’s game (8:00 pm/Sportsnet)

• July 16 — Peru vs. Brazil, men’s game (5:15 pm/Sportsnet ONE)

• July 16 —CANADA vs. Panama, men’s game (8:00 pm/Sportsnet)

• July 19 — Ecuador vs. Costa Rica, women’s game (5:15 pm/Sportsnet 360)

• July 19 —CANADA vs. Brazil, women’s game (8:00 pm/Sportsnet)

• July 20 — Brazil vs. Panama, men’s game (5:15 pm/Sportsnet ONE)

• July 20 —CANADA vs. Peru, men’s game (8:00 pm/Sportsnet)

KNOCKOUT STAGE

• July 22 — Women’s semifinal #1 (5:00 pm/Sportsnet ONE)

• July 22 — Women’s semifinal #2 (8:00 pm/Sportsnet ONE)

• July 23 — Men’s semifinal #1 (5:00 pm/Sportsnet ONE)

• July 23 — Men’s semifinal #12 (8:00 pm/Sportsnet ONE)

• July 24 — Women’s bronze medal (8:00 pm/Sportsnet ONE)

• July 25 — Men’s bronze medal (12:30 pm/Sportsnet ONE)

• July 25 — Women’s final (6:30 pm/Sportsnet ONE)

• July 25 — Men’s final (12:30 pm/Sportsnet)

Are any games sold out yet?

The Final is sold out. And the opener double header which includes Canada vs. Brazil is about 90% sold. Other than that I dont see any of the other mens games selling out (save for maybe if Canada makes the semi finals or bronze medal game). Some of the other games haven't even opened the upper levels of the stadium.

Do we know what players is Herdman calling for the PanAm games.  Any new goal scorers?  First game will be with Ecuador who as we know is made up of amateur local players, but they do play a technical passing soccer.

Archived