Colin Miller - Interim Head Coach of Canada

TT5

You still believe that one? That's adorable.

No, I really don't to be honest. I rarely ever take the CSA at face value. But I do wonder after that kind of humiliation in honduras, will we ever have a rallying point to start to change things on big levels? To be honest, If they don't at least start to make some serious and profound changes this time, I don't want to know how long it will take... Haven't any of you guys and gals on here ever seriously wondered if a time will ever come when we don't have to be jaded and synical but loyal fans and we can actually all agree that things have changed for the better in a big way? What is or will be our rallying point?

Haven't any of you guys and gals on here ever seriously wondered if a time will ever come when we don't have to be jaded and synical but loyal fans and we can actually all agree that things have changed for the better in a big way? What is or will be our rallying point?

It'd be nice if CSA get their head out of their ass and hire a coach that everyone can get behind. Whoever CSA hires next is going to be the statement of just how seriously CSA wants to move forward with developing soccer in Canada

After France's disaster at the World Cup they played the next friendly without a single player from that squad (or was it the regular XI?). Sent a message and helped foster more competition for places. We don't really have the depth to do something like that, but it might be interesting to see a starting XI without anyone from that debacle. Time to see what the rest can do and then we can use the best of both groups in the future.

After France's disaster at the World Cup they played the next friendly without a single player from that squad (or was it the regular XI?). Sent a message and helped foster more competition for places. We don't really have the depth to do something like that, but it might be interesting to see a starting XI without anyone from that debacle. Time to see what the rest can do and then we can use the best of both groups in the future.

Well, when you think about it, the starting eleven for the 8-1 match was:

Hirschfeld

Klukowski - McKenna - Hainault - Edgar

Hutchinson - de Guzman - Ledgerwood

Johnson - Ricketts - Jackson

The only North American-based players were de Guzman, Johnson, and Hainault. De Guzman and Hainault are both off looking for contracts in Europe, so they're unlikely to be available. That just leaves Will Johnson of the players from that eleven who just might be available for these two friendlies, and if you want to make a statement it's no trouble to leave him out.

Guest Brethers
They've called only North Americans so far; they're hardly likely to drag Santiago out of his European club just when he's getting a run of games. Don't hold your breath.

Of course they've only called North Americans, this is a Canada squad ;)

In all seriousness though, it would be nice to see him in Qatar like monte says. Bring him in as a 3rd keeper and get him some experience in a training camp

• 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...
21 minutes ago, jordan said:

Interviewed by Talkin Fitbaw. In the past they have interviewed Xausa, and Dasovic. 

Former coach of mine.. his work as a professional was before my time but he is so down to earth and humble that if you weren’t aware of what he had accomplished, you would’ve just seen a great father and coach. Looking forward to listening to this podcast 

23 hours ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Former coach of mine.. his work as a professional was before my time but he is so down to earth and humble that if you weren’t aware of what he had accomplished, you would’ve just seen a great father and coach. Looking forward to listening to this podcast 

I had a chance to speak to him for about 30 mins one time in Ottawa. I could have listened to him speak for hours.