Jonathan de Guzman out of the picture forever

Nick

I feel bad for his brother, he obviously was excited and was ****ed around by his own little brother, I can imagine how embarrassed he must feel after having to answer questions for so many years while himself being a loyal player and then finally brings good news and is made to look like the fool on TV afterwards.

I know, right?

If I pulled that **** on one of my older brothers we would not be talking for a while. I can guarantee he wouldn't miss the impact on his image and how it would make him personally feel to not only become party to jerking the fans around, but also to be jerked around by his own *relegated* younger brother like he was a common fan. Family ought to be treating one another better than that, and I'd be willing to wager Julian is pretty pissed off seeing that interview.

Another thing, just watch JDG during the national anthem before MNT matches; he clearly loves playing for Canada and is proud to rep the maple leaf. That's the kind of player we should be going after. I could understand someone in Hoilett's position saying no to friendlies in order to secure a club place, but WCQ's? That's an unbelievable level of fence-sitting we're getting out of some guys.

But at least the JDG2 saga has resolved itself and we can be happy in the knowledge that this prima donna egomaniac will never pull on a Maple Leaf, nor will he ever be a part of the Oranje.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jono values his Dutch citzenship over playing for Canada. Simple as that. No need to analyze it any further.

I won't put Hoilett in the same boat, his situation is different and I think his interests are different.

oh, and kill this thread with fire.

Jonathan De Guzman cannot get his Canadian citizenship back while retaining his Dutch citizenship (keeping him an EU national) therefore he will not play for Canada. De Guzman may want to play for Holland, but only because he is unable to play for Canada. Essentially De Guzman has decided to be an EU national with no international career than a Canadian citizen with a Canadian international career. De Guzman didn’t decide to play for Holland, he is decided to play for NO ONE internationally. Don't be shocked I had it figured out from the start.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Holliett decides the same and play for no one.

I think you have that nailed! He isn't going to play for Holland, he's not good enough, he's protecting his professional career, end of story! Can we all just turn the page and move on now?

We will put this matter behind us soon enough, and for good, but we need to give everybody a chance to see the news and the process it and then move on. We need to mourn first, then move on. In essence, Jono will pay the price for a rash, immature decision made when he was a young man, one that will see him never play internationally, or at least not until he is ready to give up his Dutch citizenship which will not happen until he can no longer secure good work in Europe and must return to Canada to pick up his Conrad Black award for Opportunistic Douche Bag of the decade.

Hoillet is not in the same situation, though his not yet declaring for Canada does not bode well at all.

You guys are too overboard. Grow up and move on, nobody HAS to play for their country.

He has chosen not to play international soccer then it is his perogative.

When has he ever said he would play for Canada?

Just because you guys jump to conclusions and now have your butts hurt you are acting like a bunch of babies. (that's not Jonothans fault, it's yours).

Good luck to him in his future club career.

You guys are too overboard. Grow up and move on, nobody HAS to play for their country.

He has chosen not to play international soccer then it is his perogative.

When has he ever said he would play for Canada?

Just because you guys jump to conclusions and now have your butts hurt you are acting like a bunch of babies. (that's not Jonothans fault, it's yours).

Good luck to him in his future club career.

yeah we're overboard! Bad luck to him and his club career. Boo this man, who talks about the dutch team when his accent is canadian. And boo on us playing Borjan who apparently we've learned knows spanish better than english! lol

yeah we're overboard! Bad luck to him and his club career. Boo this man, who talks about the dutch team when his accent is canadian. And boo on us playing Borjan who apparently we've learned knows spanish better than english! lol

Excellent, a well thought out reply that makes no sense.

@razcal - via Jono's brother, Julian of the CMNT, he stated he wanted to represent Canada. It's a wide-spread interview Julian held and is easily located.

Yeah, and Eddie Murphy's brother said he likes to eat doo doo, that doesn't mean he actually likes to eat doo doo, unless he says he likes it and then takes a bite.

Hearsay isn't admissible for a reason, where has Jonothan said it?

Good riddance. I would have liked him on the team, but I'm much happy to cheer and support the players who haven't needed to be coaxed into wearing the jersey. Jono's ego is not what we want / need on our squad.

And I don't wish him luck in the future or in his club career. Somebody above said "he doesn't HAVE to represent" that's true, just like I don't HAVE to wish him well. I wish him the opposite. I feel bad that he fed some lies to his bro, who clearly loves repping this country.

I just read this now, and Im fine with his decision. His club career will provide him with support for his family and his life. Playing for us wouldnt benefit him, so be it. Adding him to the team isn't going to book our tickets to Brazil automatically. Wish him luck with his career.

Archived