Canada's roster announced

Canadian_Soccer

I could care less if a player celebrates a goal like a madman or does nothing. If they keep accepting the call from Canada and give 100% on the pitch I won't judge their effort level or dedication. There's no point in reading into anything that doesn't directly affect the match.

Agreed here, if a player doesn't want to play for Canada they won't (Hoilett)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Friend looked pretty good in this game... 30 seconds in....

(and where did THAT DeGuzman go???)

PS I miss Radz on our MNT

boy was that game ever fun to watch... Along with the WCQ in Edmonton against Mexico my two fave matches. That was just when I was starting to get into this obsession too so I attribute my disease now to that performance.

boy was that game ever fun to watch... Along with the WCQ in Edmonton against Mexico my two fave matches. That was just when I was starting to get into this obsession too so I attribute my disease now to that performance.

disease, I can totally relate. I would have also accepted "addiction"

People seem to forget this, he was very vocal about some of the traitors and I believe he deserves a lot more respect than he's getting from some on here! We don't have many options for that lone target man that Hart insists on playing, I'm not saying it should be Friend at this point but IMHO Jackson was a disaster played in that role!

I think this is a good point (as have been many that preceeded it)... we need only look at Messi in the last WC to see how a talented or in Friends case ok striker can falter if not supported by the proper midfield situation.

and I agree with earlier posts that Friends commitment/enthusiasm shouldn't be judged based on on instance... all things taken together club and country... I'm sure he is frustrated on many levels at the moment.

It could be a ton of things. You felt the need to interpret that as someone who "...didn't care to be there" (your words) and someone who doesn't care to play for Canada (again, your insinuation). I interpreted it differently.

I can't wait until I see someone who doesn't adequately celebrate to my expectations so that I can tar and feather them like you have.

This is ridiculous.

Edit: After doing a little research I agree with you now. I found this picture online. In it I see Friend flipping off the Voyageurs.

Oops, no wait, he's celebrating with his teammates after tying Ecuador.

What I like about this pic is how three guys who play in Germany are all together... I wonder if they're speaking German to each other... that would be too-oo funny!!

Friend looked pretty good in this game... 30 seconds in....

(and where did THAT DeGuzman go???)

PS I miss Radz on our MNT

I say it's time for us to put Friend in a centre back pairing with McKenna. With 6'3 and 6'5 in the centre of our defence, we treat some of the midget CONCACAF forwards like a rag doll. :)

Guest darowaan

Sad to see that Occean will not be coming. He is the biggest loss of the three in my opinion since he is on great scoring form and goals are something that we will be needing. To be honest I know very little about Beaulieu-Bourgault so not sure what he will bring. Think both Haber and Edgar will do well if called upon in these matches

I'd be happy with Haber getting called by why wasn't he in the Saints 18 man roster today? That's worrying..

New XI vs. St. Lucia with changes

----------------Jackson-------------------

Simpson-----De Rosario----------Hume

--------De Guzman---Johnson-----------

Klukowski--McKenna---Hainault--Peters

--------------Borjan------------------------

I'd be happy with Haber getting called by why wasn't he in the Saints 18 man roster today? That's worrying..

I think we're more likely to see Hume or Ricketts up front and Jackson out on the wing after the gold cup. Jackson hasn't played well as an out-and-out striker for the CMNT, but he has done really well as a right winger.

Good question... perhaps he's on his way here?

I think Hume's been more effective as a super-sub with the national team...This is how I see the starting XI. Dero's been scoring goals and Jazic has been solid with Chivas so I can see Hart going with very defensive yet reliable back 4.

I can see our attacks coming from left side a lot by having Klukowski making overlapping runs with Simpson.

----------------De Rosario-------------------

Simpson-----Hutchinson----------Jackson

Klukowski--McKenna---Hainault--Jazic

--------------Hirchsfeld------------------------

Guest Brethers

Also pleased Edgar and Haber have been given a chance, and quite possibly explains Haber's exclusionfrom the St.Johnstone squad. Gutted for Occean though, really am. Looked like he could power in a few goals for us in the first round

Archived