Canada Video Archive

Gian-Luca

• 1 month later...

It's been a while but nothing like a snow day to get more of these videos uploaded.

McKenna goal in the 2002 Gold Cup Q-F against Martinique:

The entire PK shoot-out in the 2002 Gold Cup Q-F against Martinique in which Canada somehow manages to prevail after trailing 3-1 and then 4-2 in the shootout:

More to come soon, much more.....

It's been a while but nothing like a snow day to get more of these videos uploaded.

McKenna goal in the 2002 Gold Cup Q-F against Martinique:

The entire PK shoot-out in the 2002 Gold Cup Q-F against Martinique in which Canada somehow manages to prevail after trailing 3-1 and then 4-2 in the shootout:

More to come soon, much more.....

Both are the same link

Thanks Rudi. Here's A trio of clips from 1995:

All the goals from the Canada vs. Jamaica match from the 1995 "Caribana Cup" at Varsity Stadium held in August 1995 during the Caribana weekend (you can guess what this brilliant marketing move did for the crowd at the game):

Two goals for Paul Peschisolido vs. Northern Ireland at the 1995 Canada Cup of Soccer in Edmonton:

Another goal for Pesch, this time against Chile at the 1995 Canada Cup of Soccer:

This next clip starts with a promo for the 1999 Canada Cup, included here because it's the only copy I have left of Canada's two goals at home against Australia (Mobilio's goal, which made it 2-1 is shown first then Watson's goal which equalized a few minutes earlier is shown next out of sequence) from the Concacaf vs. Oceania World Cup playoff qualifier, and a goal Pesch scored in what IIRC was a 3-1 win for Canada at home over Panama in Edmonton in a 1996 WCQ match (I think the goal made it 3-1 in the 2nd half, but my memory is a bit hazy on that). Unfortunately there are graphics for the Canada Cup games over the goals, but what can you do. For those that can't make out what is happening on the two goals against Australia, I believe the first one shown (but actually 2nd scored in the game for Canada) has Mitchell shooting but the shot is block, the rebound comes to Colin Miller who shoots and the ball is cleared off the line, the rebound of that comes to Mobilio who volleys it in. The second one shown (but first goal scored for Canada) is off a corner kick, Bunbury heads it on goal, the header is saved but Mark Watson puts in the rebound.

Then the clip moves on to some hilariously biased Northern Ireland commentating from an April 1999 match (the first with Holger in charge for Canada) as the commentator talks about how the game is an easy chance to pump a whole bunch of goals in against a "lesser" soccer nation like Canada, before we see Marc Bircham pump one in for Canada. Northern Ireland would eventually escape with a 1-1 draw on a late injury-time equalizer:

Does someone have the video of the other Rob Friend goal against Jamaica?

Yes, I've got it somewhere but I haven't yet transferred it to DVD.

Here's a clip that may bring back fond memories for some painful memories for others - the plethora of missed chances for Canada in the Men's national team last ever game at the old Varsity Stadium:

But hope springs eternal - at the end of that footage is a shot of the burgeoning Voyageurs section of Canadian supporters, a sign of things to come......

Finally (at least for now) by special request on this very thread, Canada's goals against Switzerland in the May 2002 friendly that was never shown on tv (at least over here):

Radzinski opens the scoring:

Stalteri makes it 2-0:

Radzinski makes it 3-0:

Edited by Gian-Luca

Finally (at least for now) by special request on this very thread, Canada's goals against Switzerland in the May 2002 friendly that was never shown on tv (at least over here)

GL, thanks for these great clips. I forgot that Radz scored twice at the St. Gallen match. That match may have been one of Canada's finest.

• 1 month later...
I've also found it difficult finding highlights of more recent matches over the past 4 or 5 years or so. Any of those would be highly appreciated.

A few highlight packages from Juby and others

Gold Cup, Canada v Jamaica , Los Angeles 2009 (Juby)

Gold Cup, El - Salvador v Canada, Columbus 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqgrqENzVNo&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Gold Cup, Costa Rica v Canada, Miami 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbpnQ8o20YE&feature=related

Gold Cup, Canada v Honduras, Philadelphia 2009 (Juby)

Edited by tarnado

Macedonia v Canada , Strumica 2009

Poland v Canada, Bydgoszcz 2009

http://videos.sapo.pt/Wp6ZGvwms6EpiaroCpQa

Argentina v Canada, Buenos Aires 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwtCJuQGrUM&feature=related

Venezuela v Canada, Merida 2010 (Juby)

Canada v Peru, Toronto 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTnZDbooFmo&feature=related

Edited by tarnado

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have ancient VHS tapes/DVDs that I am willing to put on You Tube if someone can step me through the process. I have most World Cup qualifiers from 1985 to present day as well as Mexico at Canada in 1980 at the Ex. I have a Macbook and I tried a you tube tutorial but their idea to use a camcorder to transfer did not work. I can convert VHS to DVD if that makes it easier.