Canada Video Archive

Gian-Luca

And perhaps the lost holy grail of Canadian soccer footage, from the 1984 Summer Olympics Quarter-Finals, highlights of Canada's 1-1 draw with Brazil, including the entire shootout (which Brazil won 4-2 to advance to the Semi's). Unfortunately they do not include footage of the incorrectly-called offside goal by Gerry Gray but still, other than the Mitchell goal,I hadn't seen the rest of this footage in about 27 & a half years!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys. Great work with these videos!

Thought I'd contribute a video from my own archive. This is a goal from Mike Stojanovic scored against the New York Cosmos in 1977. Now I know it's not in a Canadian jersey but this was all I could dig up. Mike was a family friend and if anyone has any of his goals for the CMNT, please post them up! It would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4CFkRcMKhA

• 3 weeks later...
I'm looking for highlights from the Canada-Belize WCQ series in Kingston back in 2004, anyone have these classics stored somewhere?

would love to see these as well. I made it onto sportsnet for a few seconds after (I think) Radz' goal

Hey Sam, I think I have both games on VHS tape. I don't think I can help you very quickly, but if you pester me again I can see if I can get you a copy on DVD at some point.

cheers,

matthew

Are you going to be at either the Panama or Cuba games? If so we can talk then...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...