Canada Video Archive

Gian-Luca

Confederations Cup match vs. host Japan in 2001. Tale of 2 halves - Canada dominated first but couldn't convert.

Here's a clip of Davide Xausa's shot and good defensive coverage by Carl Fletcher:

Jim Brennan feature:

Great plays from Xausa, Peschisolido, and De Vos :

Here's another Canada MNT highlight clip featuring Kevin McKenna's header against Germany in June 2003. Also check out a young Julian De Guzman taking on German defenders.

I think if we tracked assists for Canada, Martin Nash might be the leader over the last 10 or 12 years. He had a whole bunch in GC 2000, and several in the years following as well.

And for the humourous-minded, from that same match, the World's Longest Substitution:

Thanks GL! I wanted to post that too, but it was like a 2-minute+ substitution. I think that was Khadaffi's son, who thought he had to shake the hands of every Canadian player. I loved Fletcher's stunned "WTF?" look when he was doing so.

Great videos.

Does anyone have a copy of the Trinidad Canada WCQ in Edmonton back in 2000? We were on a 15 game undefeated streak and were opening the group stage of WCQ at home. I haven't seen that game since it was played but I recall us having many chances but couldn't score. I'd like to see this full game, but failing that highlights would be great. Just a request if anyone can help me out i'd appreciate it.

At long last I've acquired the means to upload some clips from my old VHS tapes of Canada matches on to youtube. It will take some time to get everything up but I thought I would start with some clips of goals that I don't think are already up on youtube. Here's a bunch of clips from two World Cup Qualifying matches in 1993, Canada vs. El Salvador and Canada vs. Honduras in the following week (both at Swangard stadium). The video quality isn't the greatest, but what the hell:

Canada vs. El Salvador highlights:

Canada vs. Honduras - Dominic Mobillio goal:

Canada vs. Honduras - Hilarious Game-Winning Own-goal:

Canada vs. Honduras - Bizarre Sending-Off/Catliff PK insurance goal:

Canada vs. Honduras - Absolutely pathetic (but hilarious) Honduran Dive:

More to come when I have the time to transfer and upload more......

I just watched these again for the first time since I watched those games live... I really thought we were gonna make it to USA 94.

It's funny though over the years how I remember exactly how we got screwed by the refs in different games but I totally forgot about that Honduras game, and the red card until I just watched it... I guess we have had some breaks along the way.

Thanks for posting quickly Rudi!

I can only take credit for posting in here.

Someone by the name of "NashFootball" on YouTube is the one responsible for actually editing and posting the clips online. Probably someone fom this board.

Sam, which matches were you interested in? Check out the Canada Soccer (CSA) website for fixtures and let me know which ones you'd want.

I'll see what I can do.

Anything from this year and last year. Would love to see a highlight package based on the current team - kinda a promo thing would be cool

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
GL I'm loving these old calls by the old TSN duo. Great stuff again.

Do you have the Canada - Swiss match from 2002? I remember Radzinski had one or two in that one. I can't remember if there is a tape floating around.

Yes, I do have that. I still have to make a DVD copy of it. Once I do, I'll upload the goals. Hopefully I can get more of this kind of stuff done over the upcoming winter holidays as I've been swamped recently.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have the Trinidad-Canada game in Edmonton from back in 2000?

Ugh. I think I still have it on VHS somewhere. A Trini fan boldly asked for a copy on the early boards, but I bluntly told him to "forget you" and hopefully I didn't destroy that tape. I also had

the 0-4 drubbing match at Hasley Crawford stadium on that one. That when Mark Watson almost

took Dwight York's head off for not giving up the ball for a Canada free kick ...

Edited by CanadasBest

Ugh. I think I still have it on VHS somewhere. A Trini fan boldly asked for a copy on the early boards, but I bluntly told him to "forget you" and hopefully I didn't destroy that tape. I also had

the 0-4 drubbing match at Hasley Crawford stadium on that one. That when Mark Watson almost

took Dwight York's head off for not giving up the ball for a Canada free kick ...

Hopefully you still have it on VHS. I would love to see it and could digitize it for everyone else. 10 years later is now finally long enough to watch that game a second time.