Canada Video Archive

Gian-Luca

At long last I've acquired the means to upload some clips from my old VHS tapes of Canada matches on to youtube. It will take some time to get everything up but I thought I would start with some clips of goals that I don't think are already up on youtube. Here's a bunch of clips from two World Cup Qualifying matches in 1993, Canada vs. El Salvador and Canada vs. Honduras in the following week (both at Swangard stadium). The video quality isn't the greatest, but what the hell:

Canada vs. El Salvador highlights:

Canada vs. Honduras - Dominic Mobillio goal:

Canada vs. Honduras - Hilarious Game-Winning Own-goal:

Canada vs. Honduras - Bizarre Sending-Off/Catliff PK insurance goal:

Canada vs. Honduras - Absolutely pathetic (but hilarious) Honduran Dive:

More to come when I have the time to transfer and upload more......

It would be nice if there was a page that pointed to CMNT clips and games available online. Hell, I think it would be awesome if the V's paid for some space to save full games on a server to be available for all, like an archive.

I have no idea how to go about doing this, but it is something fun to look back at memorable and not so memorable times of the CMNT.

Some more videos have been uploaded.

The Eddie Berdusco goal against Brazil (this was on youtube already via someone else, but even worse quality and with no sound):

Carlo Corazzin's equalizer against Mexico in the 2000 Gold Cup (includes hiliarious clip of a lone Canadian fan nearly getting hit with some kind of white missile before he is attacked by one Mexican fan with a Vuvuzuela and another Mexican fan dressed like a bank teller):

Richard Hastings' Golden Goal:

Rafa Marquez kicks Carlo Corazzin in the balls while Luis Hernandez laughs (funny, he wasn't laughing at the end of the game...), and anyone who reads lips can see Pesch drop the f-bomb at the end:

Garret Kusch deservedly destroys a Mexican player with a silly hairstyle:

The one advantage to having no fans in the stands is hearing some great Canadian soundbites - here's a couple from the Gold Cup semi-final, with Dobson & Lenarduzzi ceasing talking just in time to hear a couple of F-bombs dropped by Craig Forrest and Paul Peschisolido:

The winning goal from the Gold Cup Semi-Final that made Canada Concacaf Champions, put them in the final of the Gold Cup and qualified them for the 2001 Confederations Cup:

The final moments of the Semi-Final match, post-match celebrations and a post-match interview with an emotional Craig Forrest:

Well done Gian-Luca. Forrest and Pesch sounded pretty Canadian in the heat of the moment, despite their time in England. Loved the Kusch shot and the Forrest interview (should be mandatory viewing for the current Cdn squad). Disappointed no air time for Mrs Carlo C (or was that at the final?).

Well done Gian-Luca. Forrest and Pesch sounded pretty Canadian in the heat of the moment, despite their time in England. Loved the Kusch shot and the Forrest interview (should be mandatory viewing for the current Cdn squad). Disappointed no air time for Mrs Carlo C (or was that at the final?).

That was in the final. I haven't uploaded anything from the final yet as there is decent footage from the final already up on youtube from other users, and early on I've been trying to focus on stuff that wasn't already available - at least to my knowledge (the Berdusco goal against Brazil was up, but poorer quality and no sound). I'll get there eventually, I would like to get the players singing "Alouetta" around the Gold Cup trophy uploaded at some point as well.

Some more clips have been uploaded:

THAT Hirschfeld moment:

Great Canadian Soccer Soundbites #2 - Kevin McKenna with some choice words for an Ecuadoran opponent:

Great Canadian Soccer Soundbites #3 - South Korean player is slow to take a free kick in the Gold Cup, so Kevin McKenna offers some timely advice:

Great Canadian Soccer Soundbites #4 - Marc Bircham, loud and clear:

Great Canadian Soccer Soundbites #5 - Carlo Corazzin tells an El Salvadoran player that he's a prick:

Sandro Grande wonder-strike vs. Spain:

Edited by Gian-Luca
Fixed the Corazzin link

Some more clips have been uploaded:

THAT Hirschfeld moment:

Great Canadian Soccer Soundbites #2 - Kevin McKenna with some choice words for an Ecuadoran opponent:

Great Canadian Soccer Soundbites #3 - South Korean player is slow to take a free kick in the Gold Cup, so Kevin McKenna offers some timely advice:

Great Canadian Soccer Soundbites #4 - Marc Bircham, loud and clear:

Great Canadian Soccer Soundbites #5 - Carlo Corazzin tells an El Salvadoran player that he's a prick:

Sandro Grande wonder-strike vs. Spain:

Very cool to see all these clips from before I really started following the MNT closely... Thanks a lot for uploading!

^ Don't forget that Hirschfeld was also playing PDL ball with the Calgary Storm during that time. And yes he looked like a hippie with the headband.

Stalteri on the other hand, had various hairstyles. At one point one Voyageur remarked that he looked like Larry from "Three's Company". For those too young to remember that TV series, you can check youtube or reruns on DejaView TV. ;-)

Great job! Do we have clips of the Stalteri water bottle, and the finger incident?

Water bottle should be on tape somewhere and forthcoming, but I don't think the finger to De Vos was ever on video. There is however a great soundbite from that game (WCQ against Mexico in Mexico in 2000) where Holger can be heard shouting at Xausa "Keep the f'king ball!!!". Unfortunately I never had a copy of that game (it was played on a Tuesday at noon so I had to watch in a bar IIRC) so if anyone has that game, look out for that and add it to the Great Canadian Soccer Soundbites collection.

Edited by CanadasBest