Canada Video Archive

Gian-Luca

Water bottle should be on tape somewhere and forthcoming, but I don't think the finger to De Vos was ever on video. There is however a great soundbite from that game (WCQ against Mexico in Mexico in 2000) where Holger can be heard shouting at Xausa "Keep the f'king ball!!!". Unfortunately I never had a copy of that game (it was played on a Tuesday at noon so I had to watch in a bar IIRC) so if anyone has that game, look out for that and add it to the Great Canadian Soccer Soundbites collection.

Nah, it was at night I'm pretty sure. I can almost swear that when the game was over I walked back to the car in the dark, down Devonshire toward Harbord.

Nah, it was at night I'm pretty sure. I can almost swear that when the game was over I walked back to the car in the dark, down Devonshire toward Harbord.

The water bottle game was at night - I am referring to the Finger game from 2000, which was definitely played in mid-day in Mexico so that they could take advantage of the sweltering Mexican July heat. I watched the game during an extendo lunch hour at work - that's the game I don't have on tape (the water bottle one from 2004 I do have on tape).

Ooop, in response to Alex's question on the Gold Cup qualifying games. Yes they were. I have the following on VHS (I will have to drag out my VCR and see if they still play):

Cuba - Oct 6, 1999

El Salvador - Oct 8, 1999

Haiti (2nd half) - Oct 10, 1999*

* I seem to recall a cock-up on the broadcast.

Ooop, in response to Alex's question on the Gold Cup qualifying games. Yes they were. I have the following on VHS (I will have to drag out my VCR and see if they still play):

Cuba - Oct 6, 1999

El Salvador - Oct 8, 1999

Haiti (2nd half) - Oct 10, 1999*

* I seem to recall a cock-up on the broadcast.

That's all correct - they only broadcast the 2nd half of the Cuba game due to some mistake in when they thought the game was going to start, so we missed both of Canada's goals.

Incidentally, Bircham soundbite and the Corazzin "Ah, you prick!!!" are both from the El Salvador game in question. I'll have both goals from that game up at some point later on. I didn't keep the Cuba game, but I do have the 2nd half vs. Haiti

love the soundbites! i don't remember hearing the on-field language being so clear on TV but now that I watched again, I'm sure Sportsnet and TSN got a few complaints :)

"Kick the ****ing ball!!!!".... gotta love McKenna...

I think that one is my favourite because of not only the timing and the frustration in his voice, but the fact that he's not even on screen when you can hear him - but the Bircham and Pesch ones are close.

Does anybody mind if I consolidate them all into the first post in this thread? Then you don't have to go sifting through the thread to find new videos.

If they are all copied into the first post and also left in their original spots that would be fine - if they are moved there then people clicking on to the last post to see if anything new's been added might not see a new link that's been posted.

I'm also glad you have put up that McKenna goal against Portugal as that's one I didn't have - neither do I have the two Brennan strikes against Austria (in case you do have those).

I still have a lot more clips to put up, but once again it is all a matter of time. I'm hoping to get rare footage of Canada's 4goals vs. Libya back in 2003 up soon.....

I'm also glad you have put up that McKenna goal against Portugal as that's one I didn't have - neither do I have the two Brennan strikes against Austria (in case you do have those).

I still have a lot more clips to put up, but once again it is all a matter of time. I'm hoping to get rare footage of Canada's 4goals vs. Libya back in 2003 up soon.....

There is a highlight video of that Austria match up on youtube I think Juby uploaded it

edit: here it is

Edited by Keegan