Canada Video Archive

Gian-Luca

I have ancient VHS tapes/DVDs that I am willing to put on You Tube if someone can step me through the process. I have most World Cup qualifiers from 1985 to present day as well as Mexico at Canada in 1980 at the Ex. I have a Macbook and I tried a you tube tutorial but their idea to use a camcorder to transfer did not work. I can convert VHS to DVD if that makes it easier.

DJT would probably know best, he might see this in a day or two and might help you.

Tarnado et al. - I found that you should probably limit the video's to one per post to keep it from making things too laggy, it seems annoying but I just post each individually now even if it means I'll have to post a few times in a row and it seems to help.

• 4 weeks later...

Long time viewer but first time poster here....and I'm making my first post a lazy one.

Without looking through 11 pages of thread history, can someone tell me if there is any interest in video of Canada v France at Mexico 86? I recently converted a bunch of old VHS tapes that were sitting in my basement to DVD's and to my pleasant surprise, included was Canada's first ever World Cup match. It's the full TSN broadcast including pre-game, half time and post game commentary from the TSN studio desk with Dale Barnes and Tommy Docherty. The quality is surprisingly decent...and the eighties commercials are retro fun.

I'm happy to load it on to Youtube and post the link to this thread if there is interest in it. Of course, that would also mean having to figure out how to load video to Youtube. How hard can that be?

Cheers, Skinner

How hard can that be?

quite easy, similar to drag&drop

I can also share a link to russian torrent-tracker, where all Canada matches from WC 86 can be downloaded.

quality is 640x480 or 704x480 pixel versus France with Dutch commentary

and for games against USSR and Hungary it's 408х296; 651 Kbps quality video, in English, also with all commecials and post-game discussion

I haven't actually ever seen those games so a link would be appreciated, uno.

i just ran through registration process once again on that forum, and it' looks easier to upload videos on youtube. You can download them from Youtube later if you want. Is this acceptable ?

Hello, my name is David and I am from Hong Kong. Sounds have nothing related to Canada soccer but instead, I spend 4 years in Winnipeg, Manitoba to study high school and University, unfortunately soccer in Canada is not really popoluar at that time, so I don't have chance to watch any Canada game LIVE in the stadium, just see the game on TSN. Is there any chance to see the clips of some World Cup 98 qualifier? I think that's Carlo Corazzin and Tomasz Radzinski start to shine.

these video's seem like a higher quality then the one's I have access to, I was going to make wc 86 highlights video's eventually but I never seem to get around to them (for example, right now the V-cup is just such a long process it's brought most of my enthusiasm to halt for all video's) so it's no hurry but eventually I might want to use these to make highlights instead of the video's I got. Do you think at some point in the next few months you might be able to put the file on megaupload or something (I don't like using streams because every extra conversion process on the file lowers quality)?

no problem, this weekend maybe. Do you need game against France with dutch commentary ?

also note that, when uploading to Youtube it may result in better quality than original video (as it is said on youtube)

no problem, this weekend maybe. Do you need game against France with dutch commentary ?

also note that, when uploading to Youtube it may result in better quality than original video (as it is said on youtube)

ohhhh, quick question did you get these off maxxed, cause nevermind if you did (thats where I got mine), I just realized I was confused, I thought the second video was the Canada france game (and the next would be Canada hungary) so I just skipped ahead and checked the video quality without looking carefully enough, and not seeing the bizarre off colour lines I thought it was a better copy (now realizing it's the wrong game). I might just have all the same video's anyway so sorry if I wasted your time, if anyone though has a better quality Canada France video I could probably use it (I have Canada honduras qualifier from 85 too, it would be a great quality except for a some odd black spots)

ohhhh, quick question did you get these off maxxed, cause nevermind if you did (thats where I got mine), I just realized I was confused, I thought the second video was the Canada france game (and the next would be Canada hungary) so I just skipped ahead and checked the video quality without looking carefully enough, and not seeing the bizarre off colour lines I thought it was a better copy (now realizing it's the wrong game). I might just have all the same video's anyway so sorry if I wasted your time, if anyone though has a better quality Canada France video I could probably use it (I have Canada honduras qualifier from 85 too, it would be a great quality except for a some odd black spots)

there's a torrent uploaded by some Canadian guy at our tracker, his nickname ain't maxxed

the quality of Canada - France game

77769347989d809369e0e92e30fd821d.jpg

a94659dd0c16866071b71e1766100144.jpg

i guess there are those stripes

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...