• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest ClaytonA

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/Shows/the+fifth+estate/ID/2470244174/

cbc.ca TV show

The Fifth Estate | Jul 2, 2014 | 18:14

Against All Odds

In this fifth estate piece from 1986, Hana Gartner reports on the Canadian soccer team's successful qualification for the World Cup Tournament, despite the collapse of professional soccer in Canada and the unwillingness of indoor soccer league teams to release contracted players for training. Includes interviews with players Bruce Wilson, George Pacos, Terry Moore, David Norman, and Bob Leonarducci, coach Tony Waiters, Tacoma Stars manager John Best, and Pele.

• 3 weeks later...

Good, at least someone else cares.

My father-in-law has some connections in the Macedonian football community, so I will see what I can do.

Also, when I was in the Faroe Islands I was told there is a video of the first Faroe Islands vs Canada game (1989), but I wasn't able to track it down.  I have seen highlights of the game vs Denmark (also 1989), so a full video might exist...

• 3 weeks later...

^ you

CHARLIE TRAFFORD in the Finnish top flight scored this WONDERGOAL on the weekend. Worth a look + MAN OF THE MATCH 

You posted that link in 4 different threads and it surely doesn't belong I this one. Please read before posting everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

CHARLIE TRAFFORD in the Finnish top flight scored this WONDERGOAL on the weekend. Worth a look + MAN OF THE MATCH 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxG88IdukM4#t=16

Why hasn't this kid been called to the MNT yet? I honestly don't understand the CSA, he is a young canadian playing in a top division european league (not the greatest league in the world, but still not bad) and seems to be getting minutes. The CSA should call this kid to come out. 

Why hasn't this kid been called to the MNT yet? I honestly don't understand the CSA, he is a young canadian playing in a top division european league (not the greatest league in the world, but still not bad) and seems to be getting minutes. The CSA should call this kid to come out. 

He has only been playing professionally for about a year and the Finnish league is a pretty low level at best NASL level if not a bit lower. He is only 22 and probably deserves a look in the not too distant future but I don't find it all strange that a guy who has played all of one year in a low level league as a midfielder where we have some good options has not gotten called yet.