Canada vs Peru pre game party at Maro!!! Be there.

Admin

Our pre game party and supporters march will be from Maro Nightclub on liberty street.

$12 pitchers. Do you need to know anything else?

www.maro.ca

135 Liberty Street

Toronto, ON M6K 1A7

Just in case you have not been there and are looking at the pictures... this place is excellent. The owners of the bar have been very supportive giving U-Sector a pre game home.

Wow. Looks fancy.

Anything going on the Friday before? I'll be in town a day early. Any other out-of-towners going to be there Friday night?

It IS fancy-ish. Certainly more than your average footy pub. But it's daytime and there aren't the sparkly lights or booming beats, and there's plenty of space, seating, and TVs (and $12 pitchers). Also, it's a short march from BMO field.

The owners have been great to U-Sector. It should be a great atmosphere pre-game.

Has any thought been given to post-game, for the TFC match? I know that U-Sector and RPB will have their plans, but will there be a dedicated Voyageurs event? Even though expensive, would RealSports be an option?

It's very nice and the food prices are very reasonable ... steak frites with bordelais is a measly $30 ...

Kidding aside, I am very envious of all the Voyageurs that can be there. (I have a wedding to attend.) Hope you all have a great time in supporting our team. And the march to BMO ... I remember the 2008 march during WCQ ... it was in some ways better than the match itself.

The place doesn't look as good with the lights on.

The place has been great to the U-Sector crowd and the beer prices (for the Amstersdam draft at least) are quite good.

It should be noted that they don't serve food for the pre-game gatherings.

In case anyone needs to be sold on this place, they hosted the Backstreet Boys after-party this past weekend.

Last year I was there for a friends birthday and Stevie B was performing...

Wow. Looks fancy.

Anything going on the Friday before? I'll be in town a day early. Any other out-of-towners going to be there Friday night?

Not at Maro, I don't think they would let me in during normal hours.

Something will come together for Friday.

To be clear, Maro is a very high end nightclub during their regular hours (those listed on their website). We (U-Sector) have a good relationship with Maro's owners, which allows for us to have exclusive access to the place for pre-match on TFC games days (and Canada game days, of course).

They won't be serving food, so don't bother with that online menu. There are plenty of food places in the vicinity (everything from standard North American fast food, to Caribbean places and pizza joints) so those options will be there for those wanting to grab a bite before the match. Also, the CNE will be in full swing, so the amazing Food Building will be in operation at that point in time.

They will be serving draft beer at our special rate (which they don't serve to their normal clientele), plus all the bottles / liquor at regular clubland prices.

Doors open at 2:30pm. We will have both the U-Sector and Voyageurs banners hanging on the railings to help people find the place.

To be clear, Maro is a very high end nightclub during their regular hours (those listed on their website). We (U-Sector) have a good relationship with Maro's owners, which allows for us to have exclusive access to the place for pre-match on TFC games days (and Canada game days, of course).

They won't be serving food, so don't bother with that online menu. There are plenty of food places in the vicinity (everything from standard North American fast food, to Caribbean places and pizza joints) so those options will be there for those wanting to grab a bite before the match. Also, the CNE will be in full swing, so the amazing Food Building will be in operation at that point in time.

They will be serving draft beer at our special rate (which they don't serve to their normal clientele), plus all the bottles / liquor at regular clubland prices.

Doors open at 2:30pm. We will have both the U-Sector and Voyageurs banners hanging on the railings to help people find the place.

Can we put up an RPB Banner? Just kidding!

For anyone whos looking for a Friday night drink / hangout..... (saw a few guys asking in the thread)

U-sector has there outdoor league friday nights @ lamport stadium and then usually after they head out to the pub for drinks. So if you show up to Lamport friday @ 10 you can figure out the plans for the night.

How far from BMO is this? When will we leave for the march... cause I may be late, but I'd love to at least get there for the march

It takes about 10 minutes to march from Maro to BMO! I'm not sure what time we will leave, I'm sure Rudi will post some details!

Actually it all depends on whether or not the Lakeshore Go Line is preferable to you.

Maro is about 5 minutes from the Exhibition Go station. It's in Liberty Village, directly south of Lamport Stadium. If you really want to be dropped off close, your best bet is to take the King streetcar from either King or St. Andrew TTC station and hop off at Lamport.

And Sam, Maro is no more than a 10 minute walk from BMO Field.

Google Map of the area.

Archived